Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Baby Nurseries in Abu Dhabi

Baby Nurseries in Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:05 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Nurseries in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Very funny. Can't say my wife liked it there very much either. I think she went twice and the first time was with me to register.

I didn't mind it too much, the biscuits were ok.
custard creams??
Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
there are a lot of stuck up cows in that group for sure...my wife went once and got the old...'ohh you like it in mangrove, its soo off island, ps how did you manage to get in there??' ...just cause you cant afford it you stupid cow...

and then the old, 'oh your new here, how did you get in the club'...cause we have been here as a family for years and know lots of people..now piss of back to your knitting circle and your chav burberry clad brat..
oooohh stuck up cows, how its changed a lot to when i was a member and ran some of the activities, but of course i was thrown out when the kids reached 6......

if they are saying how did you manage to get into mangrove, well i did look at them right at the beginning, when it was still a building site, so thats how you got in there at the right time, so those people obviously havent been here as a family for years then....
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:04 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
oooohh stuck up cows, how its changed a lot to when i was a member and ran some of the activities, but of course i was thrown out when the kids reached 6......

if they are saying how did you manage to get into mangrove, well i did look at them right at the beginning, when it was still a building site, so thats how you got in there at the right time, so those people obviously havent been here as a family for years then....
it was just flippant 'knitting circle' comments that was made to my wife. She has been a full on expat pretty much all her life and has seen and heard it all...

I agree, its the newbie wifes from the construction boom who found themselves here living a lifestyle punching way above their usual weight. (friday night domino's at the local social club in Hull), albeit most of the hubbies have now been found out and sacked...

they come here and automatically get a big car, maid, nursery, gym membership, club membership, brunch frequenter, massive delusions of grandeur..when in fact they are common as trash...

i mean, sending a baby to nursery at 12 weeks, almost makes the poor wee mite seem like an inconvenience..

We and my wife are working class scum, but we know it....
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

it was just flippant 'knitting circle' comments that was made to my wife. She has been a full on expat pretty much all her life and has seen and heard it all...

I agree, its the newbie wifes from the construction boom who found themselves here living a lifestyle punching way above their usual weight. (friday night domino's at the local social club in Hull), albeit most of the hubbies have now been found out and sacked...

they come here and automatically get a big car, maid, nursery, gym membership, club membership, brunch frequenter, massive delusions of grandeur..when in fact they are common as trash...

i mean, sending a baby to nursery at 12 weeks, almost makes the poor wee mite seem like an inconvenience..

well at least you know your place.... and i know that you always think that i am in the "knitting circles" to which you know that is not true and couldnt be further from the truth, but did they really say that? ooooh you are also forgetting to put in the list of "dos" 2 big 4x4s not just one, a big boat etc!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

custard creams??
well all those years ago we didnt have custard creams, thinking about it, maybe abu dhabi didnt have custard creams way back then oh how its gone up in the world of "biscuits".
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So so true! I'm always amased by how chav these people are and cannot see it.

Honestly a white X5 on credit hardly means you have made it.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

well all those years ago we didnt have custard creams, thinking about it, maybe abu dhabi didnt have custard creams way back then oh how its gone up in the world of "biscuits".
I've still yet to find decent custard creams... nothing beats the Morrisions value pack at 57p for 80 of the blighters.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:52 am
banned

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
So so true! I'm always amased by how chav these people are and cannot see it.

Honestly a white X5 on credit hardly means you have made it.
a white vehicle regardless of type or means of payment means one has absolutely no taste!!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

a white vehicle regardless of type or means of payment means one has absolutely no taste!!
yeh when we have bought cars here, we have gone into the showroom and always said it can be any other colour apart from white, the look on their faces tho
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

there are a lot of stuck up cows... back to your knitting circle and your chav burberry clad brat..
I like that!!

OP- I liked Humpty Dumpty and Jigsaw. Not sure about 3 month old though.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas
I like that!!

OP- I liked Humpty Dumpty and Jigsaw. Not sure about 3 month old though.
hd doesnt do 3 months and big waiting lists for both in and off island.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:58 am
banned

hd doesnt do 3 months and big waiting lists for both in and off island.
well ill give you feedback on Stepping stones next week as our little one starts there...

exciting times...
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well ill give you feedback on Stepping stones next week as our little one starts there...

exciting times...
my personal opinion but i am not too enthrawalled about ss, the management that is not the people necessairly working there
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:06 am
banned

my personal opinion but i am not too enthrawalled about ss, the management that is not the people necessairly working there
tell me more.....
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

jamiestarr is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I have enjoyed reading the comments, but honestly the idea was to just get her out of the house (with my wife) for a few hours a day in order to interact with other children. My wife would stay with her.

Thanks for all your comments though - very useful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.