Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BA flight Doha to LHR

BA flight Doha to LHR

Old Jun 20th 2014, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Salzburg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BA flight Doha to LHR

For those that have taken the BA flight from Doha to LHR, I noticed it stops in Bahrain. Can you stay on the plane or do they make you get off then board again?

Cheers!!
Old Jun 20th 2014, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: BA flight Doha to LHR

I flew with BA to AD. It then goes to Muscat after that. All Muscat passengers stayed on plane. I assume it will be same with flight to Doha
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

You stay on the plane, same on the way back to Doha, lands in Bahrain first - which is nice for those of us living in Bahrain.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Does it make any bloody difference?
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Does it make any bloody difference?
of course it does grumpy. If your travelling with young kids, the difference between sitting on your backside on the aeroplane for 60/120mins versus the hassle of packing up and manouvering them off the plane and then back onto another one is huge!
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Welshbahrain is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd have thought you would want to get them off the plane and let them run around. Travel light. Easy.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 3:53 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Having had to transit in Dubai for an hour to get off plane, with kids who need nappies and formula and baby food, two in strollers, up and down escalators through security checks, walk ten miles back in the opposite bloody direction and get on the same bloody plane again all within an hour - give me a BA style stay in the plane stopover any time! sleeping kids can stay sleeping, etc.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Having had to transit in Dubai for an hour to get off plane, with kids who need nappies and formula and baby food, two in strollers, up and down escalators through security checks, walk ten miles back in the opposite bloody direction and get on the same bloody plane again all within an hour - give me a BA style stay in the plane stopover any time! sleeping kids can stay sleeping, etc.
yep been there got the tshirt.... sometimes yes you may just want to stretch your legs but surely you can do that on the empty(ish) plane..... if you have a couple of small kids its a pain on your own, trying to get all the stuff, if you need a pushchair, will it be there nope, but i know that some airlines do loan you them.. but thats needs them to be organised.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

oliver29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flood2
I flew with BA to AD. It then goes to Muscat after that. All Muscat passengers stayed on plane. I assume it will be same with flight to Doha
You are right that stops was not for long,