Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Average price of utilities?

Average price of utilities?

Old Dec 27th 2012, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Average price of utilities?

Specifically in the pearl for a 2 bed apartment

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Mines may be considerably lower as ill be offshore from time to time but I'd like to know the highest possible i.e during the summer when it's very hot

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 27th 2012, 8:57 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average price of utilities?

You might want to mention which country...
Old Dec 27th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
Specifically in the pearl for a 2 bed apartment

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Mines may be considerably lower as ill be offshore from time to time but I'd like to know the highest possible i.e during the summer when it's very hot

Thanks in advance
Be careful with The Pearl , i think it's tied into Qatar cool and it can be high during the summer.

I live in a 3 bed villa and my utilities range between 250-500 QR per month . Split AC units keep the cost down .
Old Dec 27th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
You might want to mention which country...
It says he lives in Scotland darling... so I guess when he says "hot in the summer" he means 15c no need for a/c then so it will be cheap...do they even have a/c in Scotland???
Old Dec 27th 2012, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Be careful with The Pearl , i think it's tied into Qatar cool and it can be high during the summer.

I live in a 3 bed villa and my utilities range between 250-500 QR per month . Split AC units keep the cost down .
Yeah your spot on about that

Ive been hearing lots of diff things about the Qatar cool. Once i phone an agent and enquire about a apartment they go a little quiet when i mention about QC. Seems to be about 600QAR a month but someone said to me it can go up to 2000QAR a month. Its based on size and consumption

Seems as though regualar utilities is very cheap though so thats a bonus

Premium tv,High speed internet etc would hike the prices though id imagine
Old Dec 27th 2012, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
It says he lives in Scotland darling... so I guess when he says "hot in the summer" he means 15c no need for a/c then so it will be cheap...do they even have a/c in Scotland???
Whats A/C also 15%???? Never heard of it
Old Dec 27th 2012, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

In Dubai for sure you have to watch the fixed charges. Our Dewa is usually around 200 a month, but it's the fixed 1050 a month fixed A/C charge which hurts as the A/c is probably only needed for 7 months a year at max!
Old Dec 27th 2012, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

A friend arriving in Dubai says their original accommodation plan has changed after they discovered the utilities charges on the accommodation they'd been guided towards. Utilities charges appears to be a 'hidden charge' bugbear for many.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

I live on the pearl in a 2 bed Ryan so hope this helps.
Internet...only Vodafone shop on the pearl do it and its 200qr per month
Tv..you get 900 free to view programmes of which about 40 are in English and range from sport,music,news,films etc you can then top up of you want with osn from the tower lobby(really easy to set everything up here)
Electric and water is approx 800 per month combined
Aircon is about 500 per month and is all split aircon so use in whichever room you are in and don't leave it on when you are out.
All windows are tinted so keeps direct sun out and cooler but I've yet to do a summer so I have no idea.
Hope this helps
Old Dec 28th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
Tv..you get 900 free to view programmes of which about 40 are in English and range from sport,music,news,films etc you can then top up of you want with osn from the tower lobby(really easy to set everything up here)
Aircon is about 500 per month and is all split aircon so use in whichever room you are in and don't leave it on when you are out.
All windows are tinted so keeps direct sun out and cooler but I've yet to do a summer so I have no idea.
Hope this helps
Great reply thanks crewegirl!

Think I've got a good deal on a 2 bed unfurnished so fingers crossed ill get it
Old Dec 28th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this helps
1300 QR for basic utilities in the winter , you'll double that in the summer , thats a rip off .

I'll pay half of that now in the summer for a 3 bed villa . There's a massive premium for living on the pearl which i feel is unjustified as it's premium totally outweighs the facilities on offer , top class restaurants with a glass or apple juice , no thanks....

It's still a nice location though but Doha is so disjointed as it's a series of suburbs that the cost hike is ridiculous and with the new express way flying through there it'll be a nightmare to access .

Paying a premium in say Dubai would give you decent facilities and more social mobility but that in Doha is not applicable at this present time.

For a good 2 bed place on the pearl you could have a 4 bedroom villa in Al Waab or a 5 bed stand alone .
Old Dec 28th 2012, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this helps
I hope that you aren't too close to this sweetie...

http://dohaburning.wordpress.com/
Old Dec 28th 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I hope that you aren't too close to this sweetie...

http://dohaburning.wordpress.com/
That doesn't bother us here , the whole place is a shit tip , you'd never notice the difference....
Old Dec 28th 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by co durham boy
That doesn't bother us here , the whole place is a shit tip , you'd never notice the difference....
But it is a bit scary isn't it darling? I wouldn't like to be living near that!