Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Australia Vs Pakistan Cricket in Abu Dhabi

Australia Vs Pakistan Cricket in Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:42 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Vs Pakistan Cricket in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
rubbish

Surely that limits the number of Aussies who might attend such an occasion...
exactly - they only go for the beer
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Slingshot
exactly - they only go for the beer
they don't even like Cricket really, only drinking beer and a long second winning...
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

So there's no booze on sale then?

Hmmmmmm once people suss that out I wonder what the attendance from non-Pakistani cricket fans will be. I know of a few people who have tickets but won't be going now. A day's cricket is indeed meant to be shared with a few beers and a few mates, otherwise it's just not the same.

Thanks for the all the info on this thread....
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Called the ground and were advised " no alcohol". As it is treated as a 'home' international, the PCB get to decide the rules within the ground.

They do have a licence though for other games...
I spoke to the PCB today who said they couldnt care less. As long as its not in the 'public eye' you can do what you want!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
I spoke to the PCB today who said they couldnt care less. As long as its not in the 'public eye' you can do what you want!
But if they're not selling alcohol at the game then I'm not about to bring my own with me. They might not care less but an officious steward with a walkie talkie linked to a collection of bored policemen may have a different opinion.

Not worth it!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
But if they're not selling alcohol at the game then I'm not about to bring my own with me. They might not care less but an officious steward with a walkie talkie linked to a collection of bored policemen may have a different opinion.

Not worth it!
I agree as long as there is no sale in the ground or only in VIP area, then nmot exactly going to rock up with a slab on my back!!!

Oh well seems as though it is not really aimed at the casual observer here in Dubai... They would have made a fair mint too, if you think of the prices charged at the rugby and at concerts, a whole days entertainment!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I agree as long as there is no sale in the ground or only in VIP area, then nmot exactly going to rock up with a slab on my back!!!

Oh well seems as though it is not really aimed at the casual observer here in Dubai... They would have made a fair mint too, if you think of the prices charged at the rugby and at concerts, a whole days entertainment!
i agree but will be going with friends who will be bringing a keg.... A few dhs in the right hands will get it in!
Look out for us if its on TV! Im sure you wont miss us!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deemi786
i agree but will be going with friends who will be bringing a keg.... A few dhs in the right hands will get it in!
Look out for us if its on TV! Im sure you wont miss us!
Just be careful mate, remember drinking in public is illegal so doing it where TV cameras are present at a Pakistan home game in Abu Dhabi doesn't strike me as the greatest idea. If you're going to do it then at least make sure you have liquor licenses in case you get busted and they decide to follow through and check your homes. Police with nothing better to do go for easy targets......
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just been given 2 free Platinum tickets for the Pakistan vs Austalia cricket match on the 7th May (20/20) night game, anyone coming?