Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Aunty on the Wii *somewhat techie*

Aunty on the Wii *somewhat techie*

Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default Aunty on the Wii *somewhat techie*

I have been following the BBC iPlayer since launch and would love to get my hands on it - today's Times prompted me to look into this - leading in the end to here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/latest/
My question to you is this - will the BBC iPlayer download to the Wii run here? The problems I see are:
1) Getting Wii points (sorted by setting the machine to think its in Canada)
2) Finding the iPlayer app (presume you will have to re-convince the machine its in the UK to get it to appear)
3) Will the Opera/Wii/BBC techno boffins work out that I am not in the UK (IP screening as with attempted use of iPlayer on the PC)?

Presuming the answer to Q3 is of course they will you fool, then can anyone suggest a VPN or similar that will convince them that I am really at home in snowy Droitwich not sunny Dubai?

Sorry to the 99% of normal people that have no interest in such things, but you never know where you can find an expert nowadays.
Cheers,
Haddock
PS - As per the Skype thread, if you have the answer, and the solution can be blocked by the thought police, then just tell us you know and we will find you.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Re: Aunty on the Wii *somewhat techie*

I guess you need to have a VPN which people who are far better qualified than I have mentioned. iPlayer doesn't work normally outside the UK.