Audi TT

Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all
Default Audi TT

ok before I get shouted at for this being a rubbish car or whatever - i dont know anything about cars (ok no jokes about that statement either please!) just wondering, on the wonderful net, seen ads for used Audi TTs in Dubai for like £2000.. apparently this is v cheap - any reasons for the cheapness? or is that a normal price?

all answers appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by angelynv; Jan 31st 2008 at 1:38 pm. Reason: manners!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:53 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Audi TT

Originally Posted by angelynv View Post
ok before I get shouted at for this being a rubbish car or whatever - i dont know anything about cars (ok no jokes about that statement either please!) just wondering, on the wonderful net, seen ads for used Audi TTs in Dubai for like £2000.. apparently this is v cheap - any reasons for the cheapness? or is that a normal price?

all answers appreciated, thanks!
probably quite old?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zamboooka View Post
probably quite old?
yeh but u cant get a tt here for that
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:56 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

yeh but u cant get a tt here for that
I guess you can get it for any price... depends on the model really...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:58 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

cars here are much cheaper anyway...so that might be a reason as well...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
cars here are much cheaper anyway...so that might be a reason as well...
ta, yeh i mean on UK sites looking at around £8000 upwards
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:50 pm

LeicesterKid is an unknown quantity at this point

I would check the mileage or km on the clock and then see if the price is worth it.

I am guessing it will be high mileage hence the price.

LK.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeicesterKid View Post
I would check the mileage or km on the clock and then see if the price is worth it.

I am guessing it will be high mileage hence the price.

LK.
thanks but i think im not making myself clear, i mean the same-on-paper Audi TT in the UK compared to Dubai is like one third of the price, if not less..
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:55 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

thanks but i think im not making myself clear, i mean the same-on-paper Audi TT in the UK compared to Dubai is like one third of the price, if not less..
just wait till you are here....you need a residence visa anyway before you can buy a car, so you will have time to look around and get to know the market...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
just wait till you are here....you need a residence visa anyway before you can buy a car, so you will have time to look around and get to know the market...
thanks MH, yeh i know i cant buy from here but was just curious if cars really are that much cheaper than here..
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

yes cars are a lot cheaper here.
I bought a 2 year old 4.0L V6 Mustang for 10K. would have been a hell of a lot more in the UK.

I think it applies even more for older cars as locals and most western expats want new cars.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

thanks MH, yeh i know i cant buy from here but was just curious if cars really are that much cheaper than here..
I'm a bit confused re buying of cars really.

I'm expecting to come out to Riyadh shortly and have been looking at :

www.expatriates.com and the cars for sale. Some of the cars seem to be same price if not more than the like for like equivalent here in the YooKay.

BUT the one and only person I know out there tells me that cars can be up to 50% cheaper than they are here, its just that I haven't yet come across many that seem to be that cheap.

Maybe its the web site - do the locals overprice when they sell to expats or do expats cahrge more when selling onto other expats. I haven't seen many cars that A - I'd actually like to drive and B - make me fall off my chair at their low price.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
yes cars are a lot cheaper here.
I bought a 2 year old 4.0L V6 Mustang for 10K. would have been a hell of a lot more in the UK.

I think it applies even more for older cars as locals and most western expats want new cars.
really? well we wont be able to afford a new car i dont think and would be more than happy with an older car!
sorry nottmbantam, i cant help but im sure lots of others can, alhough yes from the v little research ive done on the net, cars do seem to be cheaper in dubai at least
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

really? well we wont be able to afford a new car i dont think and would be more than happy with an older car!
sorry nottmbantam, i cant help but im sure lots of others can, alhough yes from the v little research ive done on the net, cars do seem to be cheaper in dubai at least

No, no problem, wasn't expecting you to, just making an observations. I wouldn't be buying a new car either, be looking for a used car - hopefully a large 4x4.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:42 pm

LeicesterKid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
I'm expecting to come out to Riyadh shortly and have been looking at
In Saudi cars are more expensive than Dubai. There is seems to be a good market for used cars.

Can I ask what job you will be doing in Riyadh. I also want to move out to Saudi, but cant seem to find any good agents or companies who have a lot of vacancies like Dubai. My line of work is Project Management/ Business Analysis in banks doing business change.

Thanks.

LK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.