Reload this Page >

Attesting a UK Bachelors Degree before Dubai move

Attesting a UK Bachelors Degree before Dubai move

Old Aug 17th 2013, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Aks Khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attesting a UK Bachelors Degree before Dubai move

Salaam Saf,
Am new to this forum, and your advice so far seem sufficient to my requirements. However I need further assistance if possible, so could you mail me back, so I can start firing my questions. Thanks

Waslaam

Aks
Old Aug 17th 2013, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Attesting a UK Bachelors Degree before Dubai move

Saf, I'm a new user and havent really got my head around using these forums properly, but your messages seem to be pointing in the direction I require. Could you kindly mail me so I start discussing my requirements.

Salaam
Aks
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Anybody else please feel free to reply, need advice on degree attesting, and erm moving to UAE.
THANKS

AKS
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Flyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the rough

To UkMum,

Sorry; would it be possible to expand on your answer? Where is it you actually take your documents? Do they have to be certified by a notary in the UK first? When you say Foreign Office, do you mean the British one or the UAE one?

I apologise for the questions, but nothing to do with this seems clear, as I am in the UAE but most advice seems to be that everything has to be done in the UK.

Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Greenways is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi the advice given here and in other threads about attesting documents is correct, however I was unable to get my degree attested before I came.

When I needed it for a job I used a local (Dubai) company who came, picked it up, did the work and sent it back all certified by notary, fco and embassy. It took around two weeks and while it was quite expensive (?600 aed ish) it was very efficient.

I just googled UK document attestation in Dubai and then phoned a few companies to see who was quickest. They copied the original and then attested that.

I can't remember the name of the company I used

Hope this helps
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

SAyub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DubaiPete
I have just had my degree done. I am in DXB so mum did all the running about in England. As it happened,

1) Solicitor signed a copy of the degree saying it was a true copy [wording on FCO website] he charged i think 8 quid

2) Paid FCO online for the service. I think this was 36 quid

3) Sent original and copy of degree and confirmation of payment to MK for attesting

4) sent back to my folks in england after a week or so.

5) From my understanding, if in the UK, you need to then take this to the UAE embassy in London for them to sign and stamp again. I think there is a same day service, but check the opening hours as i think its 8.30am to 1.30pm only.

hope this is of some help
Can you please confirm that the FCO accepts certified copies, and originals are not needed to be stamped, secondly can a normal solicitor certify it or a notary public is required. URGENT !!
Old Jan 9th 2014, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Gona22 is an unknown quantity at this point

FCO will legalise certified copy of the degree. You don't need to send them original.

A solicitor can certify the copy, does not have to be a notary public.

FCO only legalise the solicitor signatures, not the content or signatures of University personnel.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 6:03 am
Just Joined

raoadnan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Hello all,

My very sudden (and scary) move to Dubai on Jan 4th has me scrambling about like a headless chicken as I've only had 3 weeks to plan my relocation. I've been told I'll need my uni degree attested. I am waiting for an email from my Dubai-employer to explain how this is done but in the meantime I have done some research on the internet (as well as this forum) and found what appears to be companies offering an express (2-5 day turnaround) attestation service for anything between £200-£300 (yuck). Is that the only way to attest a Uni degree or can an individual go about it a cheaper way?

From my understanding of what I have read on this forum (correct me if I am wrong) and other sites, I will need to:

1) Have my degree (I prefer colour copy as I don't want my original messed up) stamped by a UK solicitor
2) Have it stamped by the FCO
3) Then stamped by the UAE Embassy in UK
4) Take this stamped up version to the UAE to be stamped yet again by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

If an attestation company is not needed to do this, I thought perhaps I could walk into a solicitors tomorrow and ask to have it stamped, then run around London to all the various places collecting stamps. Or is that just not the done thing? (Sorry, my first solo move abroad and feel very igorant to all of this!)

Cheers

Saff
Have you sorted your problem out ? as i am about to start my process very soon and i belive you can help me with all this. please
Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

colhurststbarleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

I graduated in 1993. I didn't go to the award ceremony and I have lost my certificate. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 5:12 am
Just Joined

hot_stepper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colhurststbarleigh
I graduated in 1993. I didn't go to the award ceremony and I have lost my certificate. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then contact your university - they will have a department that reissues your parchment on provision of relevant details and a small fee.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 11:06 am
Just Joined

colhurststbarleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot_stepper
Then contact your university - they will have a department that reissues your parchment on provision of relevant details and a small fee.
Just got this "We only maintain the relevant documentation for ten years, so unfortunately we cannot help with your request."

Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

hot_stepper is an unknown quantity at this point

Really? Which university - that doesn't sound right!