Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Attestation / Notary / Certification of Docs for UAE from US

Attestation / Notary / Certification of Docs for UAE from US

Old Jul 4th 2010, 11:54 am
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice
Default Attestation / Notary / Certification of Docs for UAE from US

Hi,

I've accepted a job in the UAE and I am currently trying to get my marriage certificate, BA, MA, and academic transcripts "attested" for my new employer.

This involves:

1. Getting a notary republic to notarize each document
2. Getting the County Clerk in the same county as the notary republic to certify each document after checking that the notary is correct
3. Taking the documents then to the secretary of state for my state's office to have it certified by the state
4. Taking/Sending it to the US State Department to be certified by them
5. Taking/Sending it to the UAE Consulate/Embassy to be certified by them

Each step is costly, time prohibitive, and I will not be in the US until early August.

Does anyone know of or can recommend some type of agent that does this sort of thing? Someone I could send the documents to who knows how to sort through the red tape for an appropriate fee? Someone who could start before I returned to the states from my current gig?

Or, save that, any advice about how to best accomplish this paperwork feat more expediently than I am envisioning myself doing so at the moment?

Thanks for your time,

U

P.S. I'm asking for advice specific to the US, as the procedure is different for each country apparently.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 12:04 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attestation / Notary / Certification of Docs for UAE from US

This will only help to eliminate options: My company's PRO did all this while I was here, but even with his supposed-expertise it took a bloody long time and my degree certificate came back with a stamp on the back which had been done with so much ink that its seeped through to the front (some spotty-faced little twat in some grey office in London, no doubt).

My company needs attestation of documents from time to time, at the FZ Chamber of Commerce. Its the best part of a day to drive from here (AD) to FZ, wait, and drive back, so we looked at using our tame law firm in Dubai. $250 an hour plus expenses. As you say, not cheap.

Good luck.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

vastmassive is an unknown quantity at this point

Al Yafee Doc Clearance can help you out i'm sure, you can find out more details on their web site www.alyafee.com helped out a lot when I was in the same situation.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:30 pm
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

Thanks all.

I found a good agent to get it done. Roca Services if you need it done stateside. Not cheap, but very reasonable, considering the legwork and prices involved doing it yourself.

U