Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Atlantis Hotel opening - Fireworks

Atlantis Hotel opening - Fireworks

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Atlantis Hotel opening - Fireworks

Originally Posted by Daz968
...so, here is the story....

Living in Muscat, we decided to take a drive up to Dubai this last weekend because we wanted to get some more running gear (not much choice here).
So we packed the car and took a leisurely drive up to Dubai.

Initial thoughts - glad I never moved to Dubai when I was offered a job with Emirates. I am sure plenty of people like it here, but really not for me. Still - nice place to visit for the shops...

Got to the apartment that we had rented for the night, dumped our stuff and popped off to Ibn Battuta on the hunt for the elusive proper running short. Suffice to say there were none apart from in the Nike ladies section and they never fitted me. Anyway I digress....

After the shopping - wonderfully cheap trainers, but eveything else seemed expensive (probably also due to the weka £ anyway), we though about what to do in th evening. So after more q'ing and waiting to get a taxi and getting back to the apartment, we were told about some great place called Bitasta.

After tossing around for god knows how long trying to find a taxi driver who would take us (because of some event somewhere and they had closed the roads), we eventually ended at the ROYAL Meridian. So after more fannying around to get another taxi, we eventually join the (long) queue at this wonderful night spot. We eventually get to the front and we are kindly informed that as we do not have in our possession pussy, we are not allowed in. @rse.

After debating for 10 minutes what to do and getting hacked of because I would really just like a beer, I walked up to a couple of girls and asked if they would do the honours and play couples for a few minutes. They obliged and we got in.

Very busy we thought...still, nice enough place - even though it reminded me of a Saturday night in Guildford. Albeit with sand underfoot and a nice view of the the new Atlantis Hotel across the bay.

After having a BBQ and a few beers, we thought we'd seen enough drunk people and decided to get a taxi back to the apartment as we were all a little pooped after the drive up and hunt for running shorts.

Get back, sleep, wake up the next day. One of my mates said - did you here all that banging last night - it woke me up? Dumb expressions on our faces and we thought he had a little too much heat / beer.

We get to the Emirates Mall, on the continued search for the elusive running shorts.

First thing, coffee and breakfast. Sit down in the Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf, sip coffee and read paper...

Headlines: $20m spend on spectacular firework display.

Cock.

...and I never did find any chuffin' decent running shorts!

...oh well, roll on January when we come back to the plod the streets for 42k
LOL

Ive gotta say FANTASTIC firework display !!!!

Congrats to both Nakheel & Atlantis
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:18 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Cheaper than an apartment???

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Hot.../10261866.html
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53911...to-90---report