Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Atlantis Hotel opening - Fireworks

Atlantis Hotel opening - Fireworks

Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of
Default Atlantis Hotel opening - Fireworks

Does anybody have any knowledge what time these are meant to be?

I have a perfect view of the Palm and the Hotel from my apartment so was hoping to have a few friends around to watch....

Someone has suggested midnight - which sounds a tad late? Even the Hotel says it doesn't know (well the chap on the switchboard who couldn't find anybody to answer the question)...

Anybody
Old Nov 9th 2008, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantis Hotel opening - Fireworks

not sure of time but if they are after the Kylie thing that she is doing up there then late I would imagine?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

we've got a prime table booked outside at koubba...let's hope the fireworks live up to the hype...!!

MM, xx
Old Nov 9th 2008, 1:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
we've got a prime table booked outside at koubba...let's hope the fireworks live up to the hype...!!

MM, xx
I am sure they will MM, from what I have heard they have spent millions on them!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 2:53 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssuh
Does anybody have any knowledge what time these are meant to be?

I have a perfect view of the Palm and the Hotel from my apartment so was hoping to have a few friends around to watch....

Someone has suggested midnight - which sounds a tad late? Even the Hotel says it doesn't know (well the chap on the switchboard who couldn't find anybody to answer the question)...

Anybody
Are you sure it is tonight ? According to The Times it is next Thursday the 20th:

She should be so lucky! If it was not evident already how much developers in Dubai value the input of a celebrity name, the news that Kylie Minogue is to be paid about $4.4 million (£2.8 million) to officially open the $1.5 billion Atlantis Hotel on November 20 should silence any doubters.

Fireworks should be good they say it will cost $6.6 million and 46 km of the palm will be used !! I think it would have to be after Kylie's private concert.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Are you sure it is tonight ? According to The Times it is next Thursday the 20th:

She should be so lucky! If it was not evident already how much developers in Dubai value the input of a celebrity name, the news that Kylie Minogue is to be paid about $4.4 million (£2.8 million) to officially open the $1.5 billion Atlantis Hotel on November 20 should silence any doubters.

Fireworks should be good they say it will cost $6.6 million and 46 km of the palm will be used !! I think it would have to be after Kylie's private concert.
on no, it is on the 20th, hadn't spotted he was meaning this evening...defo not...

MM, xx
Old Nov 9th 2008, 3:33 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

on no, it is on the 20th, hadn't spotted he was meaning this evening...defo not...

MM, xx
..actually, I think I recall some BE said they had tickets for Kylie...so they should have a start time for her show. If we assume an hour or perhaps two, then the fireworks will follow...as I am sure the punters (Kylie fans) and Kylie will also want to see them.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MacScot
..actually, I think I recall some BE said they had tickets for Kylie...so they should have a start time for her show. If we assume an hour or perhaps two, then the fireworks will follow...as I am sure the punters (Kylie fans) and Kylie will also want to see them.
the kylie public show is on 21st (at festival city i think?)...this is kylie's private performance at atlantis, so tickets wouldn't have been on sale...

MM, xx
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:32 am
Concierge

the kylie public show is on 21st (at festival city i think?)...this is kylie's private performance at atlantis, so tickets wouldn't have been on sale...

MM, xx
guest list only event I am thinking
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:38 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
guest list only event I am thinking
2000 'elite' guests invited. I'll be slumming it with the pondlife in Barasti.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:46 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
2000 'elite' guests invited. I'll be slumming it with the pondlife in Barasti.
my invitation must be on it's way
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

Yep 20th confirmed

Are we any closer to knowing what time the fireworks start?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssuh
Yep 20th confirmed

Are we any closer to knowing what time the fireworks start?
does it really matter...just have a nice evening with your friends and the rest will follow...it's not as if things like this happen on time anyway...
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Good point.......

I'll relax
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:46 pm
W10

I was invited, but I turned it down.

Went to a party at Nobu the other week too. What a let down that place was...not a patch on London (and they had the US waiting staff in town too - so at least that was good)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.