Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Asian Games opening?

Asian Games opening?

Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:01 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of
Default Re: Asian Games opening?

Originally Posted by novita77
I jst wondering anyone on this board going to watch the opening of Asian Games?

As for myself, husband and Sam. We just going to watch it from the television.
Hiya Novi !!!

As all hotel rooms have been confiscated by the Qatari government 10 days prior to the games, (and there still hopelessly short of rooms and beds) I'll follow them by internet TV.

Frans
Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:31 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I wouldn't worry too much. Every high profile event in the Middle East carries a terrorism warning.

Novita - decided not to go, it wasn't worth my while for what will be a low key, low quality event. Mainly because of the cost (Dh2,000 for a return flight) and because I only wanted to go for one event really.

Have the opening and closing ceremonies sold out yet? Last I heard there were thousands of seats left. But don't worry, the stadium will be full one way or the other.
Hi W10,

i was actually thinking that you come here because of work . Wont blame you if you cancel your mind. It would be expensive business coming here for 1 event.

I have seen few dubai number plate cars around Doha ... i guess these people come here to watch the games.

We bought our tickets last thursday ... we told the choice only 1 or 2 small corners in the stadium left.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:32 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Hiya Novi !!!

As all hotel rooms have been confiscated by the Qatari government 10 days prior to the games, (and there still hopelessly short of rooms and beds) I'll follow them by internet TV.

Frans
Hiya Frans, hows life ?

make sure you waving when you see us there
Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:37 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Hiya Frans, hows life ?

make sure you waving when you see us there
Hi Novi,

Life is good!!! I have internet TV installed on my laptop and will watch the games when I get a chance. Heading out to Sudan next week. And S. Africa the third week of December. Both for business trips, but seriously thinking of adding a few days to the S. Africa trip. Wouldn't mind spending the holidays in Johannesburg or Capetown.

Frans
Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:38 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Hi Novi,

Life is good!!! I have internet TV installed on my laptop and will watch the games when I get a chance. Heading out to Sudan next week. And S. Africa the third week of December. Both for business trips, but seriously thinking of adding a few days to the S. Africa trip. Wouldn't mind spending the holidays in Johannesburg or Capetown.

Frans
what do u do for living ? Is that still something to do with plant? You travel alot eh?

I did not realise now you in UAE, last time you heard you still try to get a job.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:51 pm
UAE Expat

what do u do for living ? Is that still something to do with plant? You travel alot eh?

I did not realise now you in UAE, last time you heard you still try to get a job.
Hi Novi,

The "UAE part" is for tax reasons, still use Holland as my home base. Yes, I do tend to travel a lot, mostly for business. Africa, Middle East and the Far East are my main markets. Sometimes the occassional side trip to the USA. I work for a small Dutch indoor plants exporting company. Have been for the last two years.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

What time you plan to get there Tootsie?
Going up to Garveys for dinner about 5ish and probably going to walk from there depending on the roads.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:24 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootsie Frickensprinkles
Going up to Garveys for dinner about 5ish and probably going to walk from there depending on the roads.
Yeah prob the best thing to do....
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:34 am
semarang

Originally Posted by Tootsie Frickensprinkles
They said gate closed at 6pm. What happen if u come late ... r u going to get locked out ?