Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ART - WORLD CUP in English

ART - WORLD CUP in English

Old Jun 10th 2006, 6:27 am
Banned

shawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to beholdshawarma is a splendid one to behold
Default ART - WORLD CUP in English

I subscribed to ART for the World Cup but can only get coverage in Arabic.
The screen gives me the option to choose English commentary but when I press the button, it doesn't switch over. Am really hacked off as I paid specifically for this service and I ain't getting it. Of course, I have been calling ART all morning but always get disconnected with the message "all operators are busy, please call back later" despite being on hold for up to half an hour.

Arrrgh!

Can anybody tell what I can do?
Old Jun 10th 2006, 9:29 am
Just Joined

lordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud of
Default Re: ART - WORLD CUP in English

I have experienced the same problem. We had subscribed to e-vision firstnet sports about six-months ago, so were expecting to get the world cup as part of our existing package. I think we get ART Prime, ART 1, ART 2 & ART 3 (but not the special world cup channels). The matches are shown with arabic commentary on ART 1.

The Germany game last night was a dry-run for us and we were also experiencing arabic-only commentary. We couldn't get through to e-vision last night. My wife got through today and they said that you have to push the "D" button and the commentary will switch to English.

I'll believe it when I hear/see it though.

It may be possible to listen/watch BBC (licence blocked for viewing and listening to world cup outside the UK) on the internet if you route through an alterative proxy-server by attaining a UK IP address. Anyone had success with this?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:46 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Did you mnage to get this sorted?

I had the same issue but called on Friday evening, finally got through and they told me I should have 9 channels and not just the two I had at that time. It basically turns out I had to re-tune the dish signal Each decoder has a specific set of steps they will talk you through. I did this with them on the phone and a further 7 channels appeared including the English version....

Hope it not too late and helps.

Cheers
Old Jun 11th 2006, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Dogs Body is an unknown quantity at this point

Just go and get M Net it's much better all round and it's all in english, well South African which is a type of english.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice

I have the 1 ART channel and every evening when the second match is going on they don't show it. They only show the first and the third match.
I wonder why.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:45 am
Just Joined

9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shawarma
The screen gives me the option to choose English commentary but when I press the button, it doesn't switch over. Am really hacked off as I paid specifically for this service and I ain't getting it. Of course, I have been calling ART all morning but always get disconnected with the message "all operators are busy, please call back later" despite being on hold for up to half an hour.

Arrrgh!

This is what you could do:
You can use the internet to listen to BBC Radio Five Live and get all what you want in English.
This is the link to their site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/inside/flash/
So watch ART and listen to BBC Radio.
I used this method when England palyed against Paraguay.

The other option I think is to listen to Dubai Eye radio station on (103.8 am)

Last edited by 9points; Jun 13th 2006 at 12:48 am.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this makes me so happy I have a take it or leave it attitude towards this rather popular ball sport...

Sounds like ART couldn't organise a piss up in a brewary.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 9points
This is what you could do:
You can use the internet to listen to BBC Radio Five Live and get all what you want in English.
This is the link to their site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/inside/flash/
So watch ART and listen to BBC Radio.
I used this method when England palyed against Paraguay.

The other option I think is to listen to Dubai Eye radio station on (103.8 am)
Actually it was so easy to watch football with English commentary. Just press the red button (Audio button) and you get the English language. The Saudi - Tunisia game, you get a Saudi commentary and a Tunisian one. Perfect.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:23 am
Just Joined

hero_4_u_babe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shawarma

Arrrgh!

Well as a subscriber of ART i got 9 world cup chanels, world cup 1 & world cup 2 + there is world cup eng & world cup prime + world cup highlights & 4 more chanels SO am just wondering where culd be the problem.

i believe that u should contact them urgently to solve ur problem don't just call them but make a visit to them.

Regards,

Hitch
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:50 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Hitch,

You are having a laugh with a name like that aren't you.

I mean hero_4_u_babe - WTF???
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:56 am
Just Joined

hero_4_u_babe is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: ART - WORLD CUP in English

Originally Posted by MJC
Hitch,

You are having a laugh with a name like that aren't you.

I mean hero_4_u_babe - WTF???