Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Art classes in UAE

Art classes in UAE

Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future
Default Art classes in UAE

Hello all the UAE people out there.....I am a newbie to Al AIn and I am hoping to exploit a well hidden artistic talent by taking some art classes. Does anyone know where there are art classes available? I am prepared to travel to Dubai or Abu Dhabi if necessary, though of course would prefer to stay close to home. If there just happens to be someone in Al Ain who has any sort of clues about silk painting and/or watercolours and we could just meet to paint together and share our learning I would also be happy to do that.....any takers?

Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:54 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Art classes in UAE

My misses would be interested in taking lessons...also embroidery, pottery, reiki and yoga.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussieoverseas
Hello all the UAE people out there.....I am a newbie to Al AIn and I am hoping to exploit a well hidden artistic talent by taking some art classes. Does anyone know where there are art classes available? I am prepared to travel to Dubai or Abu Dhabi if necessary, though of course would prefer to stay close to home. If there just happens to be someone in Al Ain who has any sort of clues about silk painting and/or watercolours and we could just meet to paint together and share our learning I would also be happy to do that.....any takers?

The Cultural Foundation in Abu Dhabi runs classes - check out their website.

http://www.cultural.org.ae/

They have courses in both watercolours & silkpainting.

I may be able to help find you some people in Al Ain who are into painting - I will PM you about that.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:13 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

I know of a person who does embroidery and silk painting..... shall find out and let you know...
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Thanks for your feedback everyone - I will certainly follow up on the Cultural Centre and please let me know if anything is happening locally - many thanks -
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware there are various clases at DUCTAC.

www.ductac.org

For info on what is currently offered email [email protected]

Last edited by Meow; Sep 9th 2007 at 10:33 am.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
As far as I am aware there are various clases at DUCTAC.

www.ductac.org

For info on what is currently offered email [email protected]
Thank you for the link...my wife is now a very happy bunny.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Glad to see this thread has produced a happy little bunny! I will investigate also when I am in Dubai...It seems both Dubai and Abu Dhabi have classes, but none have surfaced yet in Al Ain.....I promise a coffee to anyone who can come up with something - my shout!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

bectilley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my name is Rebecca I am an art teacher and am currently living in Al Ain. I will be starting some art classes in my home so if anyone is interested please do not hessitate to contact me. I just have to get a couple of extra tables then I will be starting. I am currently working on my own paintings and am hoping to have an exhibition. I am looking for a venue in al ain/ abu dhabi or dubai if anyone knows of anything I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much. From Rebecca
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Rebecca
This is in addition to the private message I have sent to you. Have a look at this website - it has some great info and looks like they really have their act together with an Art souk each month. I would love to go down to Dubai for the next one but will be away for the weekend. Perhaps we could get together for a coffee and plan to go to the November souk?

www.arte.ae
Cheers
Aussieoverseas

Last edited by Aussieoverseas; Oct 6th 2007 at 2:37 pm. Reason: spelling and forgot to put link in!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi there thanks for the reply. that sounds like a plan.... unfortunately this site is not letting me open my private mail (I do not know why) so I don't know what you wrote :curse: I had seen the add for that souk and am VERY interested in checking it out. Great idea.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bectilley
Hi there thanks for the reply. that sounds like a plan.... unfortunately this site is not letting me open my private mail (I do not know why) so I don't know what you wrote :curse: I had seen the add for that souk and am VERY interested in checking it out. Great idea.
you need to have a min number of posts to get pm facility...don't know whether it's 5 or 10, but post away and the magic door will open, lol...

MM, xx
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

oh thanks this site is a mystery to me!!!!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Copy of email sent to private messages, with personal info deleted:

Hello Rebecca

Please forgive me for not answering you sooner. I haven't checked the Expat site for a long while and had given up hope of getting information about any classes. I would love to attend either silk painting or watercolour classes. Is this what you had in mind for your classes?

Many thanks
C----- (Aussieoverseas)
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:43 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
you need to have a min number of posts to get pm facility...don't know whether it's 5 or 10, but post away and the magic door will open, lol...

MM, xx
I think it's 100...

Hint: the 3-word thread is an easy way to get to the magic number

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.