Reload this Page >

Arriving in January

Arriving in January

Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

JMS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arriving in January

Hello everyone,

I've been reading all the good advice for the last couple of months, bought the explorer etc... thank you.

Husband is travelling first week in January and we're looking at accommodation options. I know, I know... it seems to be the bigest headache. For the first 6 months or so - he will be in Dubai one month and home the next month and so on, so in reality will be there half the time. Therefore it dosen't make sense to be renting when he isn't there. What do you think guys? Can you rent somewhere reasonably by the month? or are there any batchelors looking for a part time tenant?

I will be joining him after the summer when we will buy (if not before) but until then ......

Any help would be appreciated.

ps - we know Dubai - lived in Saudi for several years and family have flown the nest.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 5:42 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Arriving in January

Originally Posted by JMS1
Hello everyone,

I've been reading all the good advice for the last couple of months, bought the explorer etc... thank you.

Husband is travelling first week in January and we're looking at accommodation options. I know, I know... it seems to be the bigest headache. For the first 6 months or so - he will be in Dubai one month and home the next month and so on, so in reality will be there half the time. Therefore it dosen't make sense to be renting when he isn't there. What do you think guys? Can you rent somewhere reasonably by the month? or are there any batchelors looking for a part time tenant?

I will be joining him after the summer when we will buy (if not before) but until then ......

ps - we know Dubai - lived in Saudi for several years and family have flown the nest.
Hello JMS1. Welcome to the forum. Monthly accomodation is virtually impossible to find at this time of year. With the Dubai Shopping Festival just around the corner, the tourists are packing in.

Shared accomodation can easily be found thru notice boards at Spinneys or other similar super markets...... recommended places to try for accomodation are in the FAQ threads.

Hope that helps u out.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:15 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Hello everyone,

At last. Someone who has done a bit of research.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Thankyou Face, Much appreciated .... I'll get him to look at the notice boards when he gets there...
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:01 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
Shared accomodation can easily be found thru notice boards at Spinneys or other similar super markets...... recommended places to try for accomodation are in the FAQ threads.
Park and Shop on the Al Wasl Road in Jumeirah has a pretty big notice board.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:01 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the ME....beware thouigh Jan is the month of the shopping festival, 2 million Indians decsend on Dubai...accommodationm is rare...book now. anywhere as u won't be able to find any come the first week of the new year.

Merry xmas
TS
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Brilliant guys, thanks for the info. Gathering it all together and will definately get on the accom case today!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 11:22 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant guys, thanks for the info. Gathering it all together and will definately get on the accom case today!!!
U don't want to miss the boat!!
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Thank you all.

Sorted via this site - a great service...

Happy Christmas to one and all

JMS1
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:27 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all.

Sorted via this site - a great service...

Happy Christmas to one and all

JMS1
We aim to please, another satisfied customer.

Wish you and your family a great xmas and new year, and a successful relocation to Dubai.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 11:57 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
We aim to please, another satisfied customer.

Wish you and your family a great xmas and new year, and a successful relocation to Dubai.
I'de heard your aim wasn't that good JD
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 11:59 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I'de heard your aim wasn't that good JD
a surprise considering the target was quite big
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 2:19 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
a surprise considering the target was quite big
Lol......so you're not fussy then
Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:13 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by kristy
At last. Someone who has done a bit of research.
Yep... at last!!!!
Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:15 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Hello everyone,

if ur husband needs any more infor when he is on the gorund then I recomend mailing a couple of us his local mobile number and we can swap mobile numbers so he can get info faster than on the board.

Joelb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.