British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Arriving in January (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/arriving-january-273173/)

JMS1 Dec 21st 2004 6:08 pm

Arriving in January

Hello everyone,

I've been reading all the good advice for the last couple of months, bought the explorer etc... thank you.

Husband is travelling first week in January and we're looking at accommodation options. I know, I know... it seems to be the bigest headache. For the first 6 months or so - he will be in Dubai one month and home the next month and so on, so in reality will be there half the time. Therefore it dosen't make sense to be renting when he isn't there. What do you think guys? Can you rent somewhere reasonably by the month? or are there any batchelors looking for a part time tenant?

I will be joining him after the summer when we will buy (if not before) but until then ......

Any help would be appreciated.

ps - we know Dubai - lived in Saudi for several years and family have flown the nest.

Face81 Dec 22nd 2004 5:42 am

Re: Arriving in January

Originally Posted by JMS1
Hello everyone,

I've been reading all the good advice for the last couple of months, bought the explorer etc... thank you.

Husband is travelling first week in January and we're looking at accommodation options. I know, I know... it seems to be the bigest headache. For the first 6 months or so - he will be in Dubai one month and home the next month and so on, so in reality will be there half the time. Therefore it dosen't make sense to be renting when he isn't there. What do you think guys? Can you rent somewhere reasonably by the month? or are there any batchelors looking for a part time tenant?

I will be joining him after the summer when we will buy (if not before) but until then ......

ps - we know Dubai - lived in Saudi for several years and family have flown the nest.

Hello JMS1. Welcome to the forum. Monthly accomodation is virtually impossible to find at this time of year. With the Dubai Shopping Festival just around the corner, the tourists are packing in.

Shared accomodation can easily be found thru notice boards at Spinneys or other similar super markets...... recommended places to try for accomodation are in the FAQ threads.

Hope that helps u out.

kristy Dec 22nd 2004 6:15 am

Hello everyone,

At last. Someone who has done a bit of research.

JMS1 Dec 22nd 2004 6:55 am

Thankyou Face, Much appreciated .... I'll get him to look at the notice boards when he gets there...

kristy Dec 22nd 2004 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Face81
Shared accomodation can easily be found thru notice boards at Spinneys or other similar super markets...... recommended places to try for accomodation are in the FAQ threads.

Park and Shop on the Al Wasl Road in Jumeirah has a pretty big notice board.

Truth Speak Dec 22nd 2004 8:01 am

Welcome to the ME....beware thouigh Jan is the month of the shopping festival, 2 million Indians decsend on Dubai...accommodationm is rare...book now. anywhere as u won't be able to find any come the first week of the new year.

Merry xmas
TS

JMS1 Dec 22nd 2004 11:21 am

Brilliant guys, thanks for the info. Gathering it all together and will definately get on the accom case today!!!

Truth Speak Dec 22nd 2004 11:22 am

Brilliant guys, thanks for the info. Gathering it all together and will definately get on the accom case today!!!

U don't want to miss the boat!!

JMS1 Dec 23rd 2004 8:08 am

Thank you all.

Sorted via this site - a great service...

Happy Christmas to one and all

JMS1

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 23rd 2004 8:27 am

Thank you all.

Sorted via this site - a great service...

Happy Christmas to one and all

JMS1

We aim to please, another satisfied customer.

Wish you and your family a great xmas and new year, and a successful relocation to Dubai.

Truth Speak Dec 23rd 2004 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
We aim to please, another satisfied customer.

Wish you and your family a great xmas and new year, and a successful relocation to Dubai.

I'de heard your aim wasn't that good JD

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 23rd 2004 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I'de heard your aim wasn't that good JD

a surprise considering the target was quite big

Truth Speak Dec 23rd 2004 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
a surprise considering the target was quite big

Lol......so you're not fussy then :rolleyes:

joseph.creative Dec 25th 2004 10:13 am

Originally Posted by kristy
At last. Someone who has done a bit of research.

Yep... at last!!!!

joseph.creative Dec 25th 2004 10:15 am

Hello everyone,

if ur husband needs any more infor when he is on the gorund then I recomend mailing a couple of us his local mobile number and we can swap mobile numbers so he can get info faster than on the board.

Joelb