Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

AREAS TO LIVE AND SCHOOLS IN ABU DHABI

AREAS TO LIVE AND SCHOOLS IN ABU DHABI

Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AREAS TO LIVE AND SCHOOLS IN ABU DHABI

Originally Posted by archie159
Cars - word of mouth; spinneys/spar (KCA)/abela notice boards; facebook (there's a hidden AD marketplace board, which has lots of useful stuff including, though less often, cars); dubizzle (but be ready to be messed around).
Housing - you've mentioned the main areas already. Everyone we know in Raha Gardens loves it, though yes you are a bit squashed in. Al Reef - some areas are nice, but I know more and more people who are getting fed up with dangerous driving, odious neighbours etc. Some of those small KCA compounds aren't too bad. Depending upon how much time you have, it is well worth not rushing into anything too quickly - by just driving around, looking hard, one sometimes comes across hidden gems. You could also look at the "between the bridges" area (can't remember its new name) - some nice compounds there, though not sure about prices. There are a few decent agents, though most are useless. Get onto the Abu Dhabi Woman Recommended forum also - you get more discussion and advice about such issues there than on this one.
al mataq area is the new name for btb.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. The hunt continues!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busybee2
al mataq area is the new name for btb.
No it is not... Al Maqta is its correct name.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

No it is not... Al Maqta is its correct name.
yeh thats right spelling mistake i noticed lol
Old Nov 15th 2014, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts on Bawabat Al Sharq?

I've been to the shopping mall there as we went for a tour of GEMS Cambridge International School but I don't know anything else about the area.

Many expats living there? Sounds like an up and coming area.

Hoping to go and see it in the next couple of days.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

That's practically in Al Ain.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bocat

I've been to the shopping mall there as we went for a tour of GEMS Cambridge International School but I don't know anything else about the area.
I've never been down there. But, there was a villa posted last week on the Abu Dhabi Marketplace facebook page. The photos look very nice, and it seems to have a reasonable garden. Description is:
Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath villa for rent from December. Also has maids room with bathroom, bonus room, storage room and large closed kitchen. Located just behind Bawabat Al Sharq mall / Gems Cambridge. Direct from owner. 165,000 AED for 12 months. Please contact Ahmed at 050 6131305 with any serious questions or inquiries.
It is a bit of a trek if work or school is based in Abu Dhabi, but worth looking at if not.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csdf
That's practically in Al Ain.
Ha ha!! Maybe it seems like it - especially to anyone living in the City - but it only took around 20 minutes from the airport.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hoping to go and see it in the next couple of days.
expats are only in the "new" apartments and villas, the rest of the houses are local housing and not allowed to be there for expats.... its not as far as al ain lol but of course you will not see that many expats as its a local area if you venture further into the local shops and not just the mall.

i have been going over to baniyas for many years! long before "other" expats lol
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've never been down there. But, there was a villa posted last week on the Abu Dhabi Marketplace facebook page. The photos look very nice, and it seems to have a reasonable garden. Description is:
Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath villa for rent from December. Also has maids room with bathroom, bonus room, storage room and large closed kitchen. Located just behind Bawabat Al Sharq mall / Gems Cambridge. Direct from owner. 165,000 AED for 12 months. Please contact Ahmed at 050 6131305 with any serious questions or inquiries.
It is a bit of a trek if work or school is based in Abu Dhabi, but worth looking at if not.
yes.. well they are going for like 200k a little while ago, and they are brand new, only been around for a year, so why are they trying to rent for 165k and why did they move out? ask yourself maybe too far out? maybe something wrong with the house? go and look at others on there to compare the prices!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi folks

A few of you have mentioned an Abu Dhabi Marketplace Facebook page but I can't find it. The only one I can find is for airline cabin crew only. Can anyone provide a link?

Looks like we may finally have success on the house front - found a nice place in KCA
Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi folks

A few of you have mentioned an Abu Dhabi Marketplace Facebook page but I can't find it. The only one I can find is for airline cabin crew only. Can anyone provide a link?

Looks like we may finally have success on the house front - found a nice place in KCA
its a secret group
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

How do you join if it's secret?!
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi folks

As said, it's secret, which means someone needs to send you an invite. If you don't know anyone else who is a member, PM me your email (the one associated with your FB account) and I'll send you an invite tonight.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Archie. I'll send it now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.