Reload this Page >

Aramco, any update 2021-2022?

Aramco, any update 2021-2022?

Old Jan 31st 2022, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

gmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aramco, any update 2021-2022?

Hello everybody,

I was approached for a position at Aramco, I had interviewed last year, they liked me and then they canceled everything because of COVID-19. I have heard/read some weird things happening and people not being so happy. Is there anybody who knows to tell me something more? How is life there? We had lived in west Saudi Arabia in a compound and it was awesome for 3.5 years, we liked it. We have a kid now and I am wondering also if schools are good.

Thanks!
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

w_scott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aramco, any update 2021-2022?

Originally Posted by gmark View Post
Hello everybody,

I was approached for a position at Aramco, I had interviewed last year, they liked me and then they canceled everything because of COVID-19. I have heard/read some weird things happening and people not being so happy. Is there anybody who knows to tell me something more? How is life there? We had lived in west Saudi Arabia in a compound and it was awesome for 3.5 years, we liked it. We have a kid now and I am wondering also if schools are good.

Thanks!
Well, I don't work at Aramco (and never worked with them), but I know people who work there and can answer the school question. They have two campus: one in Ras Tanura, and one in Dhahran. The campus in Ras Tanura has a primary school (American system) and later kids have to go to Dhahran for secondary education. There is a bus that takes kids every day from/to school; a trip which takes around one hour each way. For those at Dhahran Campus, the school is near them so no long commuting. However, I heard the school will be relocated to near Half-Moon Bay, which is 30km south of Dhahran. This will make the trip for those in Ras Tanura more than 90 min each way, and for those in Dhahran at 30 min each way (at least).
In terms of compounds both are good. I liked the Ras Tanura one as it is at the sea so one can enjoy the beach.
Old May 18th 2022, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

PoundingSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aramco, any update 2021-2022?

The comment about school relocation is accurate for the American international school, not the Aramco ones.