Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Arabic graphic production

Arabic graphic production

Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:46 am
Just Joined

design_studio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arabic graphic production

We produce billboards, brochures, advertisments, business collateral, event graphics, etc.
We have a strong creative team producing english material.

We require an arabic designer to assist with re-producing our english work, in Arabic.

A qualified candidate will:
  • Understand how to use the industry-standard tools (Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
  • Understand the technical needs of printers and other service providers
  • Have minimum 3 years relevant experience such as working for an arabic publication, design studio, etc
  • Have the ability to communicate in english and arabic, verbally or written
  • Western/european education or living-experience is an asset

The position is in Dubai Media City.
The candidate will be placed in a short-term contract, with possibility of permanent job.
Remuneration will be competitive with local industry standards.

To avoid a flood of unwanted phone calls I will ask that you respond only by PM.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Almas has a brilliant futureAlmas has a brilliant futureAlmas has a brilliant futureAlmas has a brilliant futureAlmas has a brilliant futureAlmas has a brilliant futureAlmas has a brilliant futureAlmas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Arabic graphic production

Originally Posted by design_studio
We produce billboards, brochures, advertisments, business collateral, event graphics, etc.
We have a strong creative team producing english material.

We require an arabic designer to assist with re-producing our english work, in Arabic.

A qualified candidate will:
  • Understand how to use the industry-standard tools (Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
  • Understand the technical needs of printers and other service providers
  • Have minimum 3 years relevant experience such as working for an arabic publication, design studio, etc
  • Have the ability to communicate in english and arabic, verbally or written
  • Western/european education or living-experience is an asset

The position is in Dubai Media City.
The candidate will be placed in a short-term contract, with possibility of permanent job.
Remuneration will be competitive with local industry standards.

To avoid a flood of unwanted phone calls I will ask that you respond only by PM.

Dontyajustluv these unprofessional open ended job ads.

"The candidate will be placed in a short-term contract, with possibility of permanent job."
This means that we have an immediate need as we are overworked or the Arabic guy just left on vacation/pregnancy/Mars?
And there is no chance in hell to get a permanent position but it is a hell of a carott.

"Remuneration will be competitive with local industry standards."
What f****g standard? the pound rate for the MD house in Esher?

"We require an arabic designer to assist with re-producing our english work, in Arabic."
So what exactly is this "Arabic Designer" supposed to achieve.

Lets say there is one brochure to be "Arabized". Is he supposed to:
1- Key-in the Arabic txt.
2- Reverse the pics order and drop in the Arabic txt.
3- Push the print button.
You don't need an "Arabic Designer" but an Arabic design OPERATOR or in other words an Arabic speaking computer operator.

"Arabic Designer" my foot. You would not be able to locate one and never mind being able to afford one. And that's not a good start when you don't even bother to properly write a Job description!

I pity the poor guy who will get the job.

Yo Akhmed. can you make us some coffee and get a sandwich for the Creative (English) Director and while you are at it can you pick up the laundry for the Manager and line up a couple of birds tonite for the BIG client and when you finish there is the trash which needs to be emptied and the wife of the MD is arriving early morning like 4:00am at Dubai Ayport Terminal 2.

And don't be late in the morning with a lame excuse that you not slept the nite before cause we can replace you with a snap of di finga.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Almas, believe what you will... but we call them 'designer' because they need to modify layouts in an arabic context. It goes a good bit further than simply changing the words and hitting print, if done properly.

Now, run along and go fetch me a mocha latte.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:49 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almas
Dontyajustluv these unprofessional open ended job ads.

"The candidate will be placed in a short-term contract, with possibility of permanent job."
This means that we have an immediate need as we are overworked or the Arabic guy just left on vacation/pregnancy/Mars?
And there is no chance in hell to get a permanent position but it is a hell of a carott.

"Remuneration will be competitive with local industry standards."
What f****g standard? the pound rate for the MD house in Esher?

"We require an arabic designer to assist with re-producing our english work, in Arabic."
So what exactly is this "Arabic Designer" supposed to achieve.

Lets say there is one brochure to be "Arabized". Is he supposed to:
1- Key-in the Arabic txt.
2- Reverse the pics order and drop in the Arabic txt.
3- Push the print button.
You don't need an "Arabic Designer" but an Arabic design OPERATOR or in other words an Arabic speaking computer operator.

"Arabic Designer" my foot. You would not be able to locate one and never mind being able to afford one. And that's not a good start when you don't even bother to properly write a Job description!

I pity the poor guy who will get the job.

Yo Akhmed. can you make us some coffee and get a sandwich for the Creative (English) Director and while you are at it can you pick up the laundry for the Manager and line up a couple of birds tonite for the BIG client and when you finish there is the trash which needs to be emptied and the wife of the MD is arriving early morning like 4:00am at Dubai Ayport Terminal 2.

And don't be late in the morning with a lame excuse that you not slept the nite before cause we can replace you with a snap of di finga.

AWESOMEEE!

K on the Way!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:54 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Almas, believe what you will... but we call them 'designer' because they need to modify layouts in an arabic context. It goes a good bit further than simply changing the words and hitting print, if done properly.

Now, run along and go fetch me a mocha latte.

i have to say almas has almost certainly hit the nail on the head here.

and since you are advertising on this site you are probably trying to find someone on the cheap, which means that you are unwilling/unable to invest in a proper recruitment program and as such it is also almost certain that you are unwilling/unable to invest in your human assests and as such are looking to hire an arabic speaking monkey whom you can pay peanuts
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

We have and do employ conventional channels for recruitment. However, I like the personality of the BE community (for the most part) and hoped someone may step forward and make themselves known.

If anyone has a suggestion of where I could continue this search - please share it.

While I won't lose any sleep over the bitter and insidious comments from the peanut gallery, you would turn red to know the truth of the matter.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:30 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

We have and do employ conventional channels for recruitment. However, I like the personality of the BE community (for the most part) and hoped someone may step forward and make themselves known.

If anyone has a suggestion of where I could continue this search - please share it.

While I won't lose any sleep over the bitter and insidious comments from the peanut gallery, you would turn red to know the truth of the matter.

you can go to this site and post your add: Full of Young Talents, browse and hand pick yourself... Look for Blue_chi

Arts