View Poll Results: Do you understand/speak Arabic?
Yes, I speak fluently
21.05%
I understand, but don't speak it
0%
I understand and speak it a little
10.53%
Neither understand nor speak
68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Arabic

Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:51 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all
Default Arabic

Simple poll. Do you know Arabic?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:56 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all
Default Re: Arabic

Damn.. I meant to make the poll results public...
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:57 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Hello Dan,
I answered your poll. Don't speak it and have no desire to learn. It's just not one of those languages that one feels compelled to study unless one is born to it or forced to for financial reasons.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:57 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Damn.. I meant to make the poll results public...
Oh well.....
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:58 pm
Banned

I think it's a beautiful language. I love it. If I didn't know it and had the choice to study any language, I'd probably choose Arabic. German is a fierce competitor, but I think Arabic would still win.

Arabic simply rules. Especially the Egyptian dialect. WOooooooo. Sorry can't help it, grew up watching Egyptian soap operas lol.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:04 pm
Yes, Master...

I think it's a beautiful language. I love it. If I didn't know it and had the choice to study any language, I'd probably choose Arabic. German is a fierce competitor, but I think Arabic would still win.

Arabic simply rules. Especially the Egyptian dialect. WOooooooo. Sorry can't help it, grew up watching Egyptian soap operas lol.
To each his own...just a little to gutteral for me, we don't even have those deep throaty sounds in English or the other Romance languages.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:07 pm
Banned

To each his own..
Yes, the poll is reminiscent of it too.

just a little to gutteral for me, we don't even have those deep throaty sounds in English or the other Romance languages.
Wait till you see the grammar. They taught us literary/classical Arabic in school, and we had to learn all those grammar stuff and some stuff they used to call "i3rab". It's not conjugation, it's something totally different. I can't say I've seen it in any other language. :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:05 pm
Banned

This is an interesting site:

http://www.al-bab.com/arab/language/lang.htm

I don't know how accurate this is, but they claim Arabic is the 6th most spoken language in the world.... with 186,000,000
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:59 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Speak Indonesian, English, a bit of mandarin, a bit of japanese

And my son have an arabic lesson in his school 30 mins a day. He can count in arabic now. Bless
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:13 am
always be good

babybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond repute

no option for me
i understand arabic very lil but i can read it properly. I won in reading arabic poem years ago but not sure bout the meaning of what i've read eheheh...
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by novita77
And my son have an arabic lesson in his school 30 mins a day. He can count in arabic now. Bless
Hurray!! wahad, ethnein, thalatha, arba3a, khamsa, setta, sab3a, thamaniya, tis3a, 3ashra. 1-10. I can count too.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by babybeth
I won in reading arabic poem years ago but not sure bout the meaning of what i've read eheheh...
LOL
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:54 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

I speak,understand and write Arabic
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nabs
I speak,understand and write Arabic
Men wein enta, Nabs?

Finally. Someone I can speak in Arabic with.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:06 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Men wein enta, Nabs?

Finally. Someone I can speak in Arabic with.
ana falasteeni, w 3ashan haik sa2altak the other day 2iza kont tikrah ilfalastiniye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.