Arabian Ranches

Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arabian Ranches

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Wot? Blimey 'eck. Not another Brit family in the Ranches with a Fortuner. Just what Dubai needs. Pray tell does the wifey drive a Pajero? Say it ain't so.
Actually, the fortuner is her's...I have the Pajero. (absolute truth). Both cars are 'abu dhabi spec'. The fortuner front end has been rebuilt and the pajero has had a cement mixer drive down the side of it. you can't miss us.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
One more question... We have found a school for mini-millhouse - The Dubai British School - in the medows 6/ spring 3. How long will it take Lisa to drive from the Ranches to the school gate for 8am?
Mrs TGFKASE does the school run from Sports City, so a few km's longer then your run, to DBS and back in just over 30 mins in the morning...

AR onto Emirates Rd AD bound, turn off for Barsha Media City (approx 2kms down from AR R/a), loop down onto Al Khail AD bound and take turn off for Springs from there...

Honestly EM, its never taken more than 20 mins one way, unless there has been serious accident somewhere between..
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Mrs TGFKASE does the school run from Sports City, so a few km's longer then your run, to DBS and back in just over 30 mins in the morning...

AR onto Emirates Rd AD bound, turn off for Barsha Media City (approx 2kms down from AR R/a), loop down onto Al Khail AD bound and take turn off for Springs from there...

Honestly EM, its never taken more than 20 mins one way, unless there has been serious accident somewhere between..
Thanks buddy, that is exactly what I (and more importantly she) wanted to hear.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:34 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks buddy, that is exactly what I (and more importantly she) wanted to hear.
Forgot to add...

They are changing the start time for DBS next year, starting later so don't know what effect this will have on times, but don't see it being a large difference..
Old Jul 4th 2010, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Waqs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Forgot to add...

They are changing the start time for DBS next year, starting later so don't know what effect this will have on times, but don't see it being a large difference..
E.M what part you checking in to?

Was staying in Al-Reem 2 for a while and loved it.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Waqs
E.M what part you checking in to?

Was staying in Al-Reem 2 for a while and loved it.
Well... We are thinking of Reem or Saheel. I quite like Reem (we have looked at 2&3) but the misses like Saheel. However, the standard rules will apply 'I pay, I say' - so it will be Reem.

Did you suffer any downsides?
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Waqs is an unknown quantity at this point

Well... We are thinking of Reem or Saheel. I quite like Reem (we have looked at 2&3) but the misses like Saheel. However, the standard rules will apply 'I pay, I say' - so it will be Reem.

Not really. Due to a change in circumstances had to move out of the property but the property is owned and am currently letting it out on a long term tenancy agreement so not a bad result

What I do advise is ask the agents/landlords if the property has maintenance cover for when anything goes wrong, something stops working etc. We have cover from a firm called Farnek who will fix anything from a faulty bulb to AC unit not working Less hassle for you at the end of the day.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

if you are looking at Al Reem, look at Alma.
Centrally located, walk to the shops and the golf club bar.
Plus - 5 gazillion less speed bumps to get to the main gate.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by admon
if you are looking at Al Reem, look at Alma.
Centrally located, walk to the shops and the golf club bar.
Plus - 5 gazillion less speed bumps to get to the main gate.
Thanks - that's good advice. I will check.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

matt-e will become famous soon enoughmatt-e will become famous soon enough

great news! my 8mb broadband jumps from 279 to 449dh/month

happy days all round.

Thanks

According to du's website they are supposed to be lowering broadband charges from August as well. They seem to be keeping it pretty quiet though and you have to put in a request to change to the new tariff. It won't be automatic if your a current subscriber.

http://du.ae/en/athome/talk-surf-wat...ns#tab-section
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

JB22 is an unknown quantity at this point

can anybody tell me what the rental availability is like at the moment, been looking at saheel and reem. Working in Al Ain so will have to commute about hour 30 I have been told however I think my family will have more to do in DXB plus looking at JESS for little girl
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

lehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the roughlehoff is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JB22
can anybody tell me what the rental availability is like at the moment, been looking at saheel and reem. Working in Al Ain so will have to commute about hour 30 I have been told however I think my family will have more to do in DXB plus looking at JESS for little girl
Seemed pretty good to me as a newbie, I was looking 2/3 weeks ago around Al Reem and Alma and House hunters had 4 or 5 that met my spec on size, although 2 of them seemed to go within a couple of days of me looking. In the end settled on Alma for the reasons mentioned earlier around closeness to Golf and Retail and they all seemed a lot newer in Alma.