British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Arabian Ranches? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/arabian-ranches-544935/)

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 2:09 pm

Arabian Ranches?

Hey - just wondered if anyone could tell me anythin about the Arabian Ranches? Starting work at a school on Sheikh Zayed Rd in Sept n accomm might be there - bit worried it might be a bit far out though...? How long roughly would it take to get into the city?

Any help would be great, thanks!
x

scarletfan Jun 24th 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Arabian Ranches?

Originally Posted by QTtalkin (Post 6498859)
Hey - just wondered if anyone could tell me anythin about the Arabian Ranches? Starting work at a school on Sheikh Zayed Rd in Sept n accomm might be there - bit worried it might be a bit far out though...? How long roughly would it take to get into the city?

Any help would be great, thanks!
x

Which school on Sheikh Zayed Rd?

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 6499011)
Which school on Sheikh Zayed Rd?

GWPS... ? U stay at Arabian ranches too?
Any info? :)
Hx

scarletfan Jun 24th 2008 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by QTtalkin (Post 6499014)
Hx

Ok, that's by the Shangri-la hotel, so, depending on traffic, I think about 45-50 minutes whichever way you go

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 6499025)
Ok, that's by the Shangri-la hotel, so, depending on traffic, I think about 45-50 minutes whichever way you go

Oh man thats long!!! :(

What are the villas like at A.Ranches? It a nice place to live?

Blue Cat Jun 24th 2008 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by QTtalkin (Post 6499061)
Oh man thats long!!! :(

What are the villas like at A.Ranches? It a nice place to live?

Ranches is really nice, it is probably worth the drive to be honest with you.

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6499086)
Ranches is really nice, it is probably worth the drive to be honest with you.

Thanks BC - im trying to look it up but its always better to hear it from the peeps who are actually there! Its not for certain yet anyway but guy said probably...He's going to try and send pictures next week so fingers crossed.
Thanks, x:)

Blue Cat Jun 24th 2008 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by QTtalkin (Post 6499162)
Thanks BC - im trying to look it up but its always better to hear it from the peeps who are actually there! Its not for certain yet anyway but guy said probably...He's going to try and send pictures next week so fingers crossed.
Thanks, x:)

are you Senior staff? cos the Gems people I know are all in my apartment block.

Blue Cat Jun 24th 2008 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by QTtalkin (Post 6499014)
Hx

Wellington Primary or Gems World?

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6499171)
Wellington Primary or Gems World?

Its GWPS. Im not senior staff - its just that at the meeting we had he was saying about there being a shortage of nice 1bed apartments in Dubai just now n he didnt want to put us in the middle of a building site etc so wev decided to share to get a better place. So myself and three other girls are sharing - to get a 4bed villa. Think thats why it is. The distance is a bit of a bitch tho - are taxi's cheap enough from there into town for going out n stuff do u know?
x

Blue Cat Jun 24th 2008 3:59 pm

what is GWPS!!

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6499188)
what is GWPS!!

haha, Gems Wellington Primary School!!!

Blue Cat Jun 24th 2008 4:18 pm

argh right!! that is a bit of a drive, if it had been Gems World you would have been laughing at the Ranches. Technically it is illegal to share you know, but if your careful you should be ok. A four bed on the Ranches - wow very posh!!! good luck with it all ;)

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6499228)
argh right!! that is a bit of a drive, if it had been Gems World you would have been laughing at the Ranches. Technically it is illegal to share you know, but if your careful you should be ok. A four bed on the Ranches - wow very posh!!! good luck with it all ;)

Thanks!

Illegal? I thought it was only illegal to share if it was mixed sex? We're all single girls?
Well i hope its nice anyway!
x

QTtalkin Jun 24th 2008 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6499228)

Sorry, i mayb didnt make that clear when i was talking about the meeting! I was saying 'he' referring to the recruitment manager whos hiring us! Its myself and 3 other girls that'l be sharing! Fun times im sure! :D
x