Aqaba Housing

Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Askew Halo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aqaba Housing

Friends,

Moving to Aqaba in July and need an idea about housing budget. Any idea on the price of a 3 or 4 bed villa or apartment in the 'expat' areas?

Any idea on rent prices for Tala Bay?

I've googled and googled but cannot find any info.

Thanks,
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aqaba Housing

I know that prices in Aqaba have sky-rocketed from what they used to be, but would say that something like what you are looking for should not be more than maybe $400, but am not 100% sure. I'd say it is near impossible to find a place to live by using the internet because most places are owned by small landlords and there aren't many rental agents. The good thing in this respect is you deal directly with the owner but you will have to be there yourself to find a place. Out of curiousity, what will you be doing in Aqaba?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

i love aqaba, make sure you stay on the forum and let us know how you get on.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by niddy
I know that prices in Aqaba have sky-rocketed from what they used to be, but would say that something like what you are looking for should not be more than maybe $400, but am not 100% sure. I'd say it is near impossible to find a place to live by using the internet because most places are owned by small landlords and there aren't many rental agents. The good thing in this respect is you deal directly with the owner but you will have to be there yourself to find a place. Out of curiousity, what will you be doing in Aqaba?
Thanks Niddy, some useful info. I work for one of the main port operators and will be going to Aqaba for a couple of years to localize the position. I've read a bit about Aqaba on the internet and as a keen diver it looks like I'll get in some good diving. May zip across the border to Israel to to have a look (will just keep my head down!).

I'll be taking the family out there (from Bahrain) at the end of May to do some house hunting and will let the forum know how I get on. The wife has seen Tala Bay on the internet and is keen on staying there...... lets see......
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cham128
i love aqaba, make sure you stay on the forum and let us know how you get on.
will do......