Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Aprt Lease Question

Aprt Lease Question

Old Oct 28th 2018, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aprt Lease Question

G'd morning folks.
So last week I signed the lease for my new apartment. At the time of viewing the apartment I was informed it's a pet friendly building (i have a small chihuahua dog) and hence I decided to take the apartment. The lease is dated from the 01/11. Cheques have been handed over and my lease is in the process of being countersigned by the landlord who lives outside of the country. In the apartment lease there is a clause to say pets are allowed.
I have since been informed that the facilities management of the building LOAMS (Luxury Owner Association Management Services) have now changed the rules and have made it a no pets building. I know for a fact that there are people already living in the building with pets since i have seen them around when visiting the building.
I am a little worried that they may now refuse me to live there - although I have contacted RERA and they have clearly said that if it's in the lease contract that pets are allowed, then no one has the right to refuse/evict anyone living with pets.
Does anyone know if this LOAMS can actually impose this change of rule?
Thanks.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aprt Lease Question

Originally Posted by mission
G'd morning folks.
So last week I signed the lease for my new apartment. At the time of viewing the apartment I was informed it's a pet friendly building (i have a small chihuahua dog) and hence I decided to take the apartment. The lease is dated from the 01/11. Cheques have been handed over and my lease is in the process of being countersigned by the landlord who lives outside of the country. In the apartment lease there is a clause to say pets are allowed.
I have since been informed that the facilities management of the building LOAMS (Luxury Owner Association Management Services) have now changed the rules and have made it a no pets building. I know for a fact that there are people already living in the building with pets since i have seen them around when visiting the building.
I am a little worried that they may now refuse me to live there - although I have contacted RERA and they have clearly said that if it's in the lease contract that pets are allowed, then no one has the right to refuse/evict anyone living with pets.
Does anyone know if this LOAMS can actually impose this change of rule?
Thanks.

RERA supercedes the management and if others have pets then i don't see it will be a problem
If they say anything say you have spoken with the official governing body!
Once you are in how can they throw you out ;-)
Old Oct 28th 2018, 9:06 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

and besides - its a chihuahua, just stick the thing in your handbag when you go in or out - No one will know.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddiva
RERA supercedes the management and if others have pets then i don't see it will be a problem
If they say anything say you have spoken with the official governing body!
Once you are in how can they throw you out ;-)
Thanks REDDIVA - There is apparently a 'moving in permit' that i have to obtain from the building management before i can physically move in, and in the form it asks if you have any pets and so i am now just a little worried that they will not give me the 'move in permit' if i state i do have pets. And i don't want to lie on the form and hence it becomes a bigger issue.

Originally Posted by TheShed
and besides - its a chihuahua, just stick the thing in your handbag when you go in or out - No one will know.
Max is not your typical tiny chihuahua with those big bulging eyes - he is a cross breed and weights just under 4 kg, so a little too big to put in my handbag
Old Oct 28th 2018, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks REDDIVA - There is apparently a 'moving in permit' that i have to obtain from the building management before i can physically move in, and in the form it asks if you have any pets and so i am now just a little worried that they will not give me the 'move in permit' if i state i do have pets. And i don't want to lie on the form and hence it becomes a bigger issue.

Max is not your typical tiny chihuahua with those big bulging eyes - he is a cross breed and weights just under 4 kg, so a little too big to put in my handbag
Oh now i see hmmmmm i am not sure then
Old Oct 28th 2018, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

A sausage roll rather than a steak of meat !
Old Oct 29th 2018, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

"He's not a pet, he's my support animal."
Old Oct 29th 2018, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Odds are they just want the form so some monkey can stamp it and duly file it. Leave the pet line blank along with as many other lines you can leave blank. Your contract and RERA back you up in case there's an argument.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Oct 29th 2018 at 9:42 am.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 9:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Lie on the form and then say you got the dog the day after moving in?
Old Oct 29th 2018, 9:38 pm
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Put ''compliant'' for this question and some others. If they query it - say you ARE complying with the regulations - i.e. RERA and contract. Will they go to a lawyer? Probably not.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in a no pets building - there are several dogs. I even got served a warning along the lines of "you or the dog have to leave."

I've ignored everything, along with my neighbours... nothing has happened. Ironically the company now have put up a notice in the lift to all tenants with some rules:
1. Pets are not allowed in the building
2. You have to give 2 months notice to leave and have final DEWA bill
3. No smoking on balconies
4. As per point 1, please ensure that you clean up after your pets
Old Oct 30th 2018, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm in a no pets building - there are several dogs. I even got served a warning along the lines of "you or the dog have to leave."

I've ignored everything, along with my neighbours... nothing has happened. Ironically the company now have put up a notice in the lift to all tenants with some rules:
I once saw in an elevator a notice telling tenants to clean up after their pets or the management would be forced to enforce the no-pet clauses in their contracts.

The smoking on balconies is by far more dangerous and annoying than any pet can be. A dog crapping outside ain't going to burn down the building.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks folks for your feedback.....after having done some research online and asked around i have come to the conclusion that it's best i just say 'no pets' on the form and at least get my 'moving in permit'. If in the future i get 'caught' i'll just say i adopted him after i had moved in and figured it was a pet friendly building since i had seen pets around the building.
The concierge in the building has confirmed to my agent that there are families living in the building with pets. As long as I don't use the common areas when taking Max in and out of the building, it shouldn't be an issue. And to be honest i always go via the basement car park anyway. So In Sha Allah it should all work out fine.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse

So they haven't come knocking on your door trying to evict you?
Old Oct 30th 2018, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So they haven't come knocking on your door trying to evict you?
I emailed them to tell them that I’d found a long term solution for the dog and that while his life was cut short, it was fun. They said thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.