Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Applying for a UK spousal visa from Dubai

Applying for a UK spousal visa from Dubai

Old Oct 9th 2012, 4:16 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applying for a UK spousal visa from Dubai

I am in the first steps of applying for a spousal visa for my wife who is a non EEA spouse. We have been married for 10 years this year (a tin wedding anniversary apparently), but have never lived in UK, though we travel back for 2 months every summer.

As you may/may not know, the rules for the spouses visa have changed drastically since last June and have some very stringent and somewhat excessive rules. I want to get clarification about how this impacts me personally plus get some advice about the best way forward/what I need to do to ensure a successful application.

I have tried to find out from various websites how to get an interview with the British Embassy basically to ask some questions rather than apply. However i cannot find a definitive answer to how I do this.

Does anybody know if I have to go to the Dubai or Abu Dhabi UK embassy and who I need to contact/how I contact them?

Any advice welcomed and appreciated
Old Oct 10th 2012, 12:25 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for a UK spousal visa from Dubai

Trying to contact the British Embassy anywhere in the world regards visa's, these days, is an exercise in futility. VFS Global have the visa processing and, whenever I have contacted the Embassy with a query, I have always been directed to them.

VFS, however, know nothing about the in's and out's, and its the worst example of a call centre mentality.... if the question is not on their list, they can't answer it.

Best of luck in getting your information, but I would suggest contacting the UK would be a better bet..

UK Border Agency

This is a start...
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Brook is an unknown quantity at this point

Am going through the same process and I have given up calling the British embassy in Dubai.

As per the previous post our best bet is contacting the UK Border Agency.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I am in the first steps of applying for a spousal visa for my wife who is a non EEA spouse. We have been married for 10 years this year (a tin wedding anniversary apparently), but have never lived in UK, though we travel back for 2 months every summer.

As you may/may not know, the rules for the spouses visa have changed drastically since last June and have some very stringent and somewhat excessive rules. I want to get clarification about how this impacts me personally plus get some advice about the best way forward/what I need to do to ensure a successful application.

I have tried to find out from various websites how to get an interview with the British Embassy basically to ask some questions rather than apply. However i cannot find a definitive answer to how I do this.

Does anybody know if I have to go to the Dubai or Abu Dhabi UK embassy and who I need to contact/how I contact them?

Any advice welcomed and appreciated
I don't know the full details as my Company sorted it and it took them 3 weeks to get my spouse visa for my wife (Thai) so be patient.

You need to get your marriage certificate attested which only takes a couple of days.
Take your certificate to the British Embassy in Dubai OR Abu Dhabi...fill in the form (available in the waiting area)...hand in the form with certificate and fee (think 80 AED) and they will contact you in a few days (by e-mail) to collect.

Dubai visa requires a copy of your Tennancy agreement (this came into force about June time) so make sure this is sorted. Abu Dhabi does not require this now.

I think the rest is straight forward so don't be too concerned.