Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Applied to jobs through many agencies but no responses

Applied to jobs through many agencies but no responses

Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applied to jobs through many agencies but no responses

I wanted to know approx. how long it takes for the people in UAE/Saudi to get back to you regarding your application. I ask becasue its been a week now since I have sent a whole bunch of emails out to agencies/recruiters and have read somewhere that these people take their time in replying. I have not received anything back and am wondering whats happening. I even went to the extent of making sure my email address works! (and it does)
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:42 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Applied to jobs through many agencies but no responses

Not much different from the UK. Also weekend is Friday Saturday here as well.

Watch out this week - it is the Prophets Birthday and public holiday soon and people may go off on Wed for a week / 10 days.

From what I here is is a game here...

Do you come from Kerala - that might make a difference..

Good luck with the job.

Last edited by Old Lob; Feb 16th 2008 at 9:42 am. Reason: needed editing..
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob

Do you come from Kerala - that might make a difference..
Why would that make a difference?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:11 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

I like the picture of your house.

I went to a chemical analysis lab recently where all the chemists (>15) came from one church congregation in Kerala - talk about diversity!. I asked a couple of technical questions and found that the 'chemists' knew bugger all about analytical methods and was told that this is 'standard' practice. Somewhere in their is a truth about preferential selection based on subjective criteria.

Rather like Oxbridge or Eton recruiting in their own image.

So I think that I have dealt with that question without losing my Chair of Diplomacy at Chechin University.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:37 am
str
Forum Regular

str is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Old Lob
Watch out this week - it is the Prophets Birthday and public holiday soon and people may go off on Wed for a week / 10 days.
Isn't it around 20th of march??

Last edited by str; Feb 16th 2008 at 10:39 am. Reason: bracket...
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

oh, gotcha - know what you mean now...

Glad you like my house - it's awful inside though.........
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by str
Isn't it around 20th of march??
yep 20th march. a Thursday
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
I wanted to know approx. how long it takes for the people in UAE/Saudi to get back to you regarding your application. I ask becasue its been a week now since I have sent a whole bunch of emails out to agencies/recruiters and have read somewhere that these people take their time in replying. I have not received anything back and am wondering whats happening. I even went to the extent of making sure my email address works! (and it does)
I applied to a few agencies and never heard anything back from them ever.

I ended up doing a search on google for ad agencies, mailed about 30 of them, got 3 interviews and then got the job. The agencies seem shite out here.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I make it next Tue and Wed - I wonder if it is a different teddy bear / prophet then....
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:09 pm
Banned

is that not the Ides of March - Macbeth was up to something then..
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I applied to a few agencies and never heard anything back from them ever.

I ended up doing a search on google for ad agencies, mailed about 30 of them, got 3 interviews and then got the job. The agencies seem shite out here.
ARE!!!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:54 pm
str
Forum Regular

str is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe, good timing me! I'm arriving on 17th, nice to have a long weekend in the 1st week to explore Dubai.
Are there any must-dos for newbies on the prophet's birthday?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol no, im not from Kerela

thanks spugsy ... i guess ill just keep applying and applying then (if 3/20 is anything to go by!)

thanks everyone !!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
lol no, im not from Kerela

thanks spugsy ... i guess ill just keep applying and applying then (if 3/20 is anything to go by!)

thanks everyone !!
yeah mate youre much better going direct - what sort of job are you looking for?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah mate youre much better going direct - what sort of job are you looking for?
Thanks mate.
When you said going direct, do you mean to the companies or talking to the recruiters face to face ?

Im looking for something in IT security so it will most probably be with banks or firms with IT SEC departments, i.e. Airlines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.