Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

apartments - like the Greens/Marina etc but Not

apartments - like the Greens/Marina etc but Not

Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all
Default apartments - like the Greens/Marina etc but Not

so ive gone on the presumption i will be living in Marina, Greens type area - thats because these are the only places i know and sound nice and near to work etc but seriously there must be alternatives which arent as expensive? not bothered about sea view, just somewhere near to work, near to supermarkets, shops, bars etc has a pool and gym .. as discussed work is currently going to be Emaar but could possibly be moved to Business Bay. Someone mentioned Healthcare city.. sounds like its far away from (i dont even know - the comfortable areas?) any help appreciated x
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: apartments - like the Greens/Marina etc but Not

comfortable areas? that made me laugh. Wait til you get here and then have a good look around. I am near the Greens in Al Barsha, my advice would be stick to the Greens if your office is staying put.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

You are unlikely to get a one bedroom apartment in a halfway decent area for much less than about 90,000Dhs a year- plus the 5% municipality fee. Two bedroom about 130,000 to 150,000.Stick to The Greens/Tecom if you are going to be working in Emaar Business Park. Not having to commute too far will add years to your life.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelynv
so ive gone on the presumption i will be living in Marina, Greens type area - thats because these are the only places i know and sound nice and near to work etc but seriously there must be alternatives which arent as expensive? not bothered about sea view, just somewhere near to work, near to supermarkets, shops, bars etc has a pool and gym .. as discussed work is currently going to be Emaar but could possibly be moved to Business Bay. Someone mentioned Healthcare city.. sounds like its far away from (i dont even know - the comfortable areas?) any help appreciated x
you can also try the Barsha apartment area close to Mall of Emirates.
not the nicest as its a bit of a building site at the moment but most of the buildings have pools and is handy for shops/bars etc. should be cheaper than greens
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
comfortable areas? that made me laugh. Wait til you get here and then have a good look around. I am near the Greens in Al Barsha, my advice would be stick to the Greens if your office is staying put.
i currently live with my in-laws - trust me, Dubai must be more comfortable than that!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

i currently live with my in-laws - trust me, Dubai must be more comfortable than that!
ok so I looked at the map, Emaar is in the opposite direction to Business Bay but BB is against the flow of traffic. Greens looks like the best bet, its in the middle-ish, little bit farther away from Emaar. Al Barsha sounds good too - yes i know its a building site, but im really getting an idea of where to make appointments and check out while im there. On the map next to Greens is the Views - is this the same type of place? its just no one mentions it?

also sorry should do another thread but anyone know of any storage type places? thinking i should bring as much as poss on this trip and leave it in dubai rather than brining back to UK and carting it right back again in 4 weeks..
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

ok so I looked at the map, Emaar is in the opposite direction to Business Bay but BB is against the flow of traffic. Greens looks like the best bet, its in the middle-ish, little bit farther away from Emaar. Al Barsha sounds good too - yes i know its a building site, but im really getting an idea of where to make appointments and check out while im there. On the map next to Greens is the Views - is this the same type of place? its just no one mentions it?

also sorry should do another thread but anyone know of any storage type places? thinking i should bring as much as poss on this trip and leave it in dubai rather than brining back to UK and carting it right back again in 4 weeks..
surely your firm has a bit of storage space?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
good idea - ill ask them although dont know how keen they will be about this. if not my hubbie has a couple of friends who could possibly help us out.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by MataHari; Feb 12th 2008 at 10:45 am. Reason: wrong ID...
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

views is a new apartment complex. think it comes in slightly more expemsive than Greens.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

views is a new apartment complex. think it comes in slightly more expemsive than Greens.
cheers for that. ok, so im focusing on marina, greens and al barsha. al barsha is a fair bit cheaper - ill def check out all these places next week. thanks for the help
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

nadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nice

How far is the greens to Jumeriah beach?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nadia007
How far is the greens to Jumeriah beach?
about 20 mins, depends on traffic
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

nadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nicenadia007 is just really nice

I'm thinking of buying a completed resale in the Greens. Or Tecom (Barsha). It will be for rent in the summer and my own use in the winter with family and kids. I also prefer low rise buildings. Any advice would be appreciated.

For some reason I cant start a new thread because I cannot find the new thread link on the page??
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:40 am
Concierge

TECOM isn't for sale, the Greens is nice though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.