British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Apartment For Rent Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/apartment-rent-dubai-551677/)

Karlos The Jackal Jul 28th 2008 10:35 am

Apartment For Rent Dubai

Hi all, my mate has an apartment to rent in Dubai, drop me a pm and I will send further details if interested

1 Bedroom Apartment, Old Town, Burj Dubai
2nd Floor, Miska, South Ridge View 836Sq Ft
Dhs 130,000 (One Cheque) 135,000 (Two Cheques)

Don't shoot the messenger, I have detailed what he advised !

Karl

Blue Cat Jul 28th 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Apartment For Rent Dubai

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 6618463)
Hi all, my mate has an apartment to rent in Dubai, drop me a pm and I will send further details if interested

1 Bedroom Apartment, Old Town, Burj Dubai
2nd Floor, Miska, South Ridge View 836Sq Ft
Dhs 130,000 (One Cheque) 135,000 (Two Cheques)

Don't shoot the messenger, I have detailed what he advised !

Karl

he is having a laugh :eek: nice area though so he will probably get it rented no problem ;)

Border Reiver Jul 28th 2008 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6619213)
he is having a laugh :eek: nice area though so he will probably get it rented no problem ;)

The maintenance charge will take care of a big chunk of that. Bearing in mind the selling price of one beds in Old Town starts at about 4M (yes, really, a 4 with 6 zeros) it is a bit of a bargain for rental.

Jeeper Jul 28th 2008 5:37 pm

No disrespect to the original poster or the person he is advertising on behalf of...but.....the old town....as high-end as it may seem.....is a boring depressing deserted place in the middle of a very large construction site.

The property values may be high as 'one day' it might be a nice spot - but the rentals are over-priced for what it is right now.

I'm happier in my 48k int. city apartment than I ever could have been paying the 125k I was in old town. Got out of that lease after just 3 months thankfully.

Completely irrelevant and unhelpful to the original post but my 2 cents worth anyway.

Madam Medusa Jul 28th 2008 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 6619856)
No disrespect to the original poster or the person he is advertising on behalf of...but.....the old town....as high-end as it may seem.....is a boring depressing deserted place in the middle of a very large construction site.

The property values may be high as 'one day' it might be a nice spot - but the rentals are over-priced for what it is right now.

I'm happier in my 48k int. city apartment than I ever could have been paying the 125k I was in old town. Got out of that lease after just 3 months thankfully.

Completely irrelevant and unhelpful to the original post but my 2 cents worth anyway.

noooo, the old town is starting to look pretty interesting...some good bars and restaurants now, which are all busy...and a small spinneys...would much rather be in the middle of this sort of stuff than all the way out at int city to be honest...

MM, xx

TA5 Jul 28th 2008 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6620059)
noooo, the old town is starting to look pretty interesting...some good bars and restaurants now, which are all busy...and a small spinneys...would much rather be in the middle of this sort of stuff than all the way out at int city to be honest...

MM, xx

Nobody finds it ironic that you all are referring to the newest buildings in dubai as 'old town'.

Just reinforces how fake the entire place is. Smoke and mirrors.

Madam Medusa Jul 28th 2008 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by TA5 (Post 6620077)
Nobody finds it ironic that you all are referring to the newest buildings in dubai as 'old town'.

err...but that's what it's called...

MM, xx

Eva Jul 28th 2008 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by TA5 (Post 6620077)

Orange county in Florida ain't really orange.Is the Gold coast out your way 24carat shiny?

Madam Medusa Jul 28th 2008 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 6620114)
Orange county in Florida ain't really orange.Is the Gold coast out your way 24carat shiny?

ohh eva...chip and shoulder are two words that spring to mind...

MM, xx

Jeeper Jul 28th 2008 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6620059)

MM, xx

Each to their own.....paying 5,000dhs a month MORE to be near some bars and a small spinneys.......

or put it this way....paying nearly 1,000quid MORE to be near.........

(somehow things seem worth more in quid than dhs).

5,000dhs a month is a lot of nice holidays in a lot better places.

The gym ain't even included in the rent..... A rip!