Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone want a couple of Roy Lichtenstein prints for free

Anyone want a couple of Roy Lichtenstein prints for free

Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone want a couple of Roy Lichtenstein prints for free

OK so today the container arrived at Palace Del Alma which turns out to be not so palatial. I wouldn't mind but I got rid of 50% of our furniture before we left Oz.
Anyway because you cant put pictures up on the walls of rental houses in Oz, I had a ruck of pictures that stayed in their cardboard. I had originally left these in storage in the UK in 2007 and had forgotten what pictures they were.
Anyhow the house cant cope with all the pics we have and I have already given some away to the removal men so that leaves me with 3 that have no place
2 x Lichtensteins, (good ones) in decent quality frames that set them off right and a good old Chairman Mao by Warhol. All 3 go in one hit

If you are younger than I am now then these brighten the place up a treat.

They are for free as long as you come and get them otherwise the bin man will get them tomorrow

I am sure there is a cat rescue place charity shop somewhere in Dubai but I am not a cat lover, in fact I detest them besides the swimming versions that amuse me but if you are a cat lover then why not pick them up and let them find a good home in return for cat food or whatever.

I will be in the Ranches all day doing what I paid the shippers for but they went home at 2 due to Ramadan so looks like another day of hard graft
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone want a couple of Roy Lichtenstein prints for free

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
OK so today the container arrived at Palace Del Alma which turns out to be not so palatial. I wouldn't mind but I got rid of 50% of our furniture before we left Oz.
Anyway because you cant put pictures up on the walls of rental houses in Oz, I had a ruck of pictures that stayed in their cardboard. I had originally left these in storage in the UK in 2007 and had forgotten what pictures they were.
Anyhow the house cant cope with all the pics we have and I have already given some away to the removal men so that leaves me with 3 that have no place
2 x Lichtensteins, (good ones) in decent quality frames that set them off right and a good old Chairman Mao by Warhol. All 3 go in one hit

If you are younger than I am now then these brighten the place up a treat.

They are for free as long as you come and get them otherwise the bin man will get them tomorrow

I am sure there is a cat rescue place charity shop somewhere in Dubai but I am not a cat lover, in fact I detest them besides the swimming versions that amuse me but if you are a cat lover then why not pick them up and let them find a good home in return for cat food or whatever.

I will be in the Ranches all day doing what I paid the shippers for but they went home at 2 due to Ramadan so looks like another day of hard graft
Yes please for Feline Friends Dubai (non swimming versions!) if no one else wants them. Can pick up Monday not sure of time though. What's your full address.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

PM me

or

ask the security guy at ALMA for the new bald fat guy who is just moving in.
Everyone else on here appears to be wearing lycra and bicycling around looking healthy so there is probably only fat dude on the place

I'll be there from 9 onwards until dinner time
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're not one of those creapy cat lovers that has 30 rescued cats peeing all over the house are you ? Only reason I say that is that me and Mrs Tock knew 2 normal cat owning women who went feline mad being over here.

Doesn't matter come and take them and help your furry friends have a full tummy
Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

deedub is an unknown quantity at this point

Argh!

I hate to be that guy but since you said

" if no one else wants them"

I have literally jsut ordered a huge 1mx2.3m Licthenstein print of the "Whaaam" picture of his.

These 2 other prints would be PERFECT in my apartment and really compliment the big print (that is setting me back over 600dhs )

I would really love to take these off your hands, please let me know!

Dan
Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
You're not one of those creapy cat lovers that has 30 rescued cats peeing all over the house are you ? Only reason I say that is that me and Mrs Tock knew 2 normal cat owning women who went feline mad being over here.

Doesn't matter come and take them and help your furry friends have a full tummy
No, I have only have the one rescued moggy who's more like a dog than a cat! Comes trotting in when he's called, just like a dog!

Anyway, someone else actually wants them for themselves, far more rewarding..... but, from the cats of Dxb, thanks for the offer.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deedub
Argh!

I hate to be that guy but since you said

" if no one else wants them"

I have literally jsut ordered a huge 1mx2.3m Licthenstein print of the "Whaaam" picture of his.

These 2 other prints would be PERFECT in my apartment and really compliment the big print (that is setting me back over 600dhs )

I would really love to take these off your hands, please let me know!

Dan
Be my guest, post a photo when they're all up on the wall! Much better they go to someone who wants them than to an auction.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:53 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BinCat
Be my guest, post a photo when they're all up on the wall! Much better they go to someone who wants them than to an auction.
And makes a contribution to feline friends too, shall I suggest 300dhs?

Hate to be that guy but,,,
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK one of you please feel free to come to Alma tomorrow during the day and collect ideally in the morning. Note you are also taking Chairman Mao whether you want him or not

Then as Kix says, make a donation to the furry friends, you're happy, the kitties are fed and happy. Only the man who has to clean up all the cat shit from his garden will be unhappy

or

Mrs Cat comes and gets them and you arrange to buy them from the Cat lovers charity shop

Honestly I don't care who gets them as they are taking up space but if the Kitty cats can benefit then maybe it will do my Karma some good.

For the record the frames were 80 quid a pop way back when so you or someone will get a bargain and they are better than Wham trust me
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:52 am
Just Joined

I don't mind making a contribution to the cat charity tbh, and for sure I will post a picture when they are in place.

If i tell the cab driver "ALMA in arabian ranches" they will know where to go?

Thanks!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Great. All done.

Bincat, if you want to pm me if there is an online donation portal for your feline centre, otherwise let me know when is best for you to meet and I can make a contribution in cash.

Hope this is all fine!

Many thanks, some great art for my otherwise bare apartment!

Dan
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

nice outcome
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
nice outcome
Hey I am a nice guy really
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kix
And makes a contribution to feline friends too, shall I suggest 300dhs?

Hate to be that guy but,,,
great idea Kix!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deedub
Great. All done.

Bincat, if you want to pm me if there is an online donation portal for your feline centre, otherwise let me know when is best for you to meet and I can make a contribution in cash.

Hope this is all fine!

Many thanks, some great art for my otherwise bare apartment!

Dan
Have sent you pm, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.