Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone using Revolut in UAE?

Anyone using Revolut in UAE?

Old Jan 10th 2023, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone using Revolut in UAE?

Not sure what to make of this.

https://www.altfi.com/article/10237_...til-early-2023
Old Jan 17th 2023, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiraz1
me either but I’ve removed almost everything. Neobanks turn can bad quickly.

They might not ban withdrawals but they make simply make it harder to do so - ask for KYC updates etc.

Old Jun 13th 2023, 10:48 am
Just Joined

maxsoe is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to be able to send AED to AED from UAE to UK with ENBD. Today (13 June 2023), the app no longer lets me choose AED as a remittance currency. Anyone else having this problem, and have they found an alternative to send AED to the UK.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maxsoe
have they found an alternative to send AED to the UK.
Revolut ….. I use it regularly HSBC UAE > Revolut (AED)

No charges and money arrives within a couple of hours during business day.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKMS
Revolut ….. I use it regularly HSBC UAE > Revolut (AED)

No charges and money arrives within a couple of hours during business day.
Have you tried it today? I'm hoping your bank doesn't do what ENBD did. I'll go talk to HSBC tomorrow and open an account.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maxsoe
Have you tried it today? I'm hoping your bank doesn't do what ENBD did. I'll go talk to HSBC tomorrow and open an account.
I made a transfer yesterday and I’ve just walked through a dummy transfer now and it’s fine.

I just send the funds to my Revolut GB IBAN as AED works a treat with zero charges.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

I made a transfer yesterday and I’ve just walked through a dummy transfer now and it’s fine.

I just send the funds to my Revolut GB IBAN as AED works a treat with zero charges.
Great to hear! I'll sign up with HSBC tomorrow.
Old Jun 30th 2023, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

If anyone is interested Revolut now offer a joint account that can set up in a few seconds if you are both existing users.
Old Oct 4th 2023, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Averagegolfer is an unknown quantity at this point

HSBC UAE app has just stopped allowing me to transfer AED to revolut (having worked well for the last 18 months), insists on converting to GBP.
Will call them to see if I can do it in branch.

Has anyone found another way of transferring AED?
Old Oct 4th 2023, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Averagegolfer
HSBC UAE app has just stopped allowing me to transfer AED to revolut (having worked well for the last 18 months), insists on converting to GBP.
Will call them to see if I can do it in branch.

Has anyone found another way of transferring AED?
You can do it via HSBC online (not app) with a fee. I have been trying different methods recently. Ive been moving AED to Dubai Commercial Bank and then converting to US$ at 3.68 and then pushing the $ to my Wise account then exchaging to £ or Euro. (Revolut wont accept $ from DCB)
Old Oct 4th 2023, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Averagegolfer is an unknown quantity at this point

You can do it via HSBC online (not app) with a fee. I have been trying different methods recently. Ive been moving AED to Dubai Commercial Bank and then converting to US$ at 3.68 and then pushing the $ to my Wise account then exchaging to £ or Euro. (Revolut wont accept $ from DCB)
Cheers