Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the UK working for Damac in Dubai?

Anyone from the UK working for Damac in Dubai?

Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Mohamed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from the UK working for Damac in Dubai?

Hi there,

I'm 22 and i have got a call from M2R in the UK for a 18k pound property consultant job in Dubai, now that works out around 10k UAE a month, can you live there with that kind of money there with rent etc?

And does anyone know were Damac office is in Dubai?

I will would really appreciate a lot, if anyone gives me advice before i decide if i want go ahead with the procces or not.

Thank you all for your help!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from the UK working for Damac in Dubai?

Stay well out of Damac - not a company I'd work for and certainly not for that salary.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

they used to have a 'big tent' on the outskirts of media city as an office - not sure if it is still there or they have moved into a more conventional office yet....
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:40 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

They have a huge office hidden away above Al Futtaim Automall on SZR where their staff work under production line conditions. Hopefully your basic salary will be exclusive of a nice hefty commission where sales are concerned.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
They have a huge office hidden away above Al Futtaim Automall on SZR where their staff work under production line conditions. Hopefully your basic salary will be exclusive of a nice hefty commission where sales are concerned.
Now I'm really getting scared, I mean Damac is big in the UK and i have seen their offices in London and its very good, i thought things in Dubai would be better even. This is what they said:

" UK equivalent of £17500, uncapped OTE (realistic yr 1 earnings of £80k), residency visa, mobile, medical insurance, 1 month paid holiday. Flight to Dubai included + relocation assistance.

"Commission structure based on the cost price of the property. The company will take care of all visa requirements, arrange your flight, UAE bank account, medical insurance, they will provide you with a UAE sim card and will add £100 credit per month. For the first 15 days you will stay in a hotel at the company’s expense, after this they will provide assistance in sourcing suitable accommodation for you.

The average property price is £400k so I need candidates who have experience of selling to high net worth clients. You can sell wholesale to anyone in the world."

They also within the first year they will get 85% of the leads for me...

I want go there and gain some experience and then run my own biz in that sector in the future...

I really thank you for your comments and would love to hear from people working for Damac also!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

They seem to employ alot of pretty Russian models to get business so you will be facing stiff competition where earning sales commission is concerned.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
They seem to employ alot of pretty Russian models to get business so you will be facing stiff competition where earning sales commission is concerned.
Within themself? I meant does everyone not work on their own leads like they do in London?

If they use models and it works well for them why would they hire other people?

Does anyone work for them on here at all?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mohamed
Within themself? I meant does everyone not work on their own leads like they do in London?

If they use models and it works well for them why would they hire other people?

Does anyone work for them on here at all?
i am osrry ot say this ..but with this amount of salary ..it will be diffcult for you live and have a house rent or even a flat.

10 thousaands dirhams ...is not enugh at all

you will not be able to find a place for rent....
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by someone in al ain
i am osrry ot say this ..but with this amount of salary ..it will be diffcult for you live and have a house rent or even a flat.

10 thousaands dirhams ...is not enugh at all

you will not be able to find a place for rent....
once Damac called me ..and they want me to work as an agent.

i give coustmers ...and they give me 3% from the selling buildings..but i refused.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Damac have a terrible reputation, and you could never survive on 10k a month
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by someone in al ain
once Damac called me ..and they want me to work as an agent.

i give coustmers ...and they give me 3% from the selling buildings..but i refused.
They said if i make one sale a week on top of the salary i could make 80k or 546,000 AED a year and they would supply all the leads for me and help me reach that target...

It better continue with my real estate project and sell properties than work for them, i was trying to stay there for a few months to gain local knowledge about the property market and get the feel of it...

I welcome and appreciate all your comments and would welcome more, thanks!