British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Anyone managed to get a Qatar Petroleum work visa lately? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/anyone-managed-get-qatar-petroleum-work-visa-lately-935737/)

psychopomp1 Nov 16th 2020 2:10 pm

Anyone managed to get a Qatar Petroleum work visa lately?

I understand Qatar immigration authorities are not issuing work visas just yet but *might* be doing so in certain cases eg for expats working for state owned companies such as QP. Anyone managed to get one in the present circumstances?

Reason for asking is that I was offered a role with QP in July through SPIE Oil and Gas in Doha, they (agency) applied for my Qatar work visa last month (Oct) and have submitted a letter from QP as well to support the application. However the agency are unable to give me any time frame and are saying they could receive my work visa anytime. I suspect its a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string?" but thought I'd ask anyway..

Cheers.

fezzer Nov 17th 2020 9:24 am

Re: Anyone managed to get a Qatar Petroleum work visa lately?

Looks like new visas are starting to be processed (but expect quite a backlog):

Gulf News Link

psychopomp1 Nov 17th 2020 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by fezzer (Post 12936627)
Looks like new visas are starting to be processed (but expect quite a backlog):

Gulf News Link

Thanks fezzer, looks promising!!

psychopomp1 Nov 29th 2020 6:23 pm

SPIE have told me that Qatar immigration will start issuing visas (of all types) on 3rd Dec. And then a further 1-2 weeks to get the work visa. The wait is killing me :(

psychopomp1 Dec 29th 2020 8:15 am

Still not received my work visa, the wait is very frustrating. Anyone else in the same boat? At this rate, I'm seriously considering taking up employment elsewhere as it could take many more months before I fly over to Qatar.

psychopomp1 Jan 2nd 2021 4:02 pm

Got an email response from Hukoomi in Qatar about my query if they're now issuing work visas, they replied saying they are indeed processing work visas but provided no further info, eg timescales. So gave them a call directly on +974 4406 9999 (option 2 for English, option 5 for general visa enquires) and spoke to a very helpful guy. He said they started issuing work visas since early Dec and there's no delay in processing, all work visas are being issued within 2 weeks from date of application. He offered to look into the status of my application if I provided him with my visa application number but I don't have this. He said he can't check using my passport number alone. So I thanked him and ended the call.

I did think about asking my employer if they could provide me with a work visa application/reference number but decided against it, as it comes across as being very desperate and not trusting their feedback. They would probably tell me to Foxtrot Oscar anyway lol

Very frustrating!!!

jearel Jan 19th 2021 9:07 am

Hi. Did you manage to solve this? I have also received a job offer from QP and have accepted it. They will start applying for the visa this week. Not sure how long it will take but based on your experience Im not very optimistic.

psychopomp1 Jan 19th 2021 2:23 pm

Nope, still waiting for visa. I got in touch with a guy through WhatsApp recently, him and his mate were both made offers by QP last July (QP direct hires). One of them has just received his work visa so it looks like there is some progress being made.

Btw will you be working for QP direct or through an agency (SPIE, NES etc)? Is it onshore or offshore (28/28)? My role is onshore.

Good luck!

jearel Jan 19th 2021 2:54 pm

So looks like it is going to be a long process if they are still processing visas from July!
Mine is directly for QP as economist.
Let me know how it goes with your application please. Good luck!

psychopomp1 Jan 19th 2021 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by jearel (Post 12961161)
So looks like it is going to be a long process if they are still processing visas from July!
Mine is directly for QP as economist.
Let me know how it goes with your application please. Good luck!

No problem, will let you know once I receive my work visa. Hope you don't have to wait too long! :fingerscrossed:

psychopomp1 Jan 21st 2021 8:38 am

WOO HOO! Finally got my Qatar work visa!! Now to have to wait for my fitness to work approval from QP Medical Dept, agency are planning to fly me out in early Feb, subject to availability of quarantine hotel in Doha.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...8ebacade0e.gif

jearel Jan 21st 2021 8:58 am

Grand!! great news! Are you travelling with family there?

weasel decentral Jan 21st 2021 10:19 am

Originally Posted by psychopomp1 (Post 12962110)
WOO HOO! Finally got my Qatar work visa!! Now to have to wait for my fitness to work approval from QP Medical Dept, agency are planning to fly me out in early Feb, subject to availability of quarantine hotel in Doha.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...8ebacade0e.gif

Well done - good luck with the job

psychopomp1 Jan 21st 2021 11:29 am

Originally Posted by jearel (Post 12962119)
Grand!! great news! Are you travelling with family there?

I'll be travelling alone initially, other half *might* join me later on but she's not sure.

You can download your work permit from here once issued, just need to enter your passport info. But you should get yours fairly soon as well, MOI only starting issuing work visas in early Dec 2020.

https://portal.moi.gov.qa/wps/portal...iryandprinting

psychopomp1 Jan 21st 2021 11:30 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12962145)
Well done - good luck with the job

Thanks, been a long wait!