Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in Jeddah?

Anyone living in Jeddah?

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone living in Jeddah?

I am considering an offer for a position in Jeddah. I read the Dean's very nice write up about living in Saudi, but I am wondering if anyone who is currently living there can recommend a compound for a family with 1st and 4th grade school children. I have found a few on the net such as www.arabian-homes.com.sa and www.mura-bustan.com. The company I am dealing with has told me that they will find me accommodation, but I also wanted to see at least two or three compounds when I am there for an orientation session in the next two weeks.

I searched the site and I only found the following hilarious thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442490
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:42 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone living in Jeddah?

Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I am considering an offer for a position in Jeddah. I read the Dean's very nice write up about living in Saudi, but I am wondering if anyone who is currently living there can recommend a compound for a family with 1st and 4th grade school children. I have found a few on the net such as www.arabian-homes.com.sa and www.mura-bustan.com. The company I am dealing with has told me that they will find me accommodation, but I also wanted to see at least two or three compounds when I am there for an orientation session in the next two weeks.

I searched the site and I only found the following hilarious thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442490
All I can say is that we spent eight happy years at Mura Bustan compound. Once you get past the security, its basically an all-year summer holiday paradise.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

madferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
All I can say is that we spent eight happy years at Mura Bustan compound. Once you get past the security, its basically an all-year summer holiday paradise.
My brother is currently residing in the Mura Bustan compound and he loves it. His neighbours are the Brazilian football team (when they're there for training) and like lionheart has said.. once you're inside you'll love it (so my brother says)
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by madferrit View Post
My brother is currently residing in the Mura Bustan compound and he loves it. His neighbours are the Brazilian football team (when they're there for training) and like lionheart has said.. once you're inside you'll love it (so my brother says)
Yeh, we had the Brazilian team coach staying near our villa. He was always in the gym...
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

madferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nicemadferrit is just really nice

Yeh, we had the Brazilian team coach staying near our villa. He was always in the gym...
Just out of curiousity.. when did you leave Mura Bustan?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by madferrit View Post
Just out of curiousity.. when did you leave Mura Bustan?
May 2006...with considerable regret.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the comments, it does look like a nice place to live.