Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

anyone live in the Springs?

anyone live in the Springs?

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all
Default anyone live in the Springs?

hi looks like we can get a 2 bed villa in the springs for same price as 2 bed apartment in marina. does anyone here live in the springs? how far from SZ Road? Are there any gyms in that area or just the communal pools?
thanks!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone live in the Springs?

Arbroath had a cracking two bed on the Springs, there are three gyms on the Springs / Meadows developments. Nice place to live, I would rather live there than the Marina, but it is a bit 'trueman', all the houses the same etc but if your renting who cares!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen a 2 bed in the Springs?

The second bedroom is very small (2nd shower room is a cupboard) and the 'study' is miniscule. Whilst it is nice to have an outside, you may actually have more space in an apartment.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes your probably right though I didn't get into Mr Arbroath's bedroom but there is alot to be said for having your own front door and driveway especially when it comes to doing a monthly shop. My apartment is definately bigger and noisier!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow
Have you seen a 2 bed in the Springs?

The second bedroom is very small (2nd shower room is a cupboard) and the 'study' is miniscule. Whilst it is nice to have an outside, you may actually have more space in an apartment.
not yet but thanks for that - definately will check everywhere before signing up.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:12 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to find a floor plan - either on the Emaar site or on agents particulars.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

the bedrooms are not THAT small TBH...

Anyway its living space that more important and that is where the 2 bed in the springs suck...

The study is pretty small but was ok for us to use (as we dont run business from home) and on occassion we fired a single bed in there

Its ok for a couple thou, but if you have kids, forget about it...

We had an end terrace one which had a great garden..

For 150K which is what ours is renting for now, i would hope you can get bigger, but not in that area you wont...

Springs is 2 mins from SYR (time dependant of course) ignore all the B/S about 'it takes 1 hour to get onto SYR' absolute bollox.
There are 4 gyms in the area, 1 bar and lots of lakes to walk around, or run around if you are that way inclined..

Make sure you remember where your house is thou cause it is EXACTLY the same....if you like individuality..its not for you..
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
the bedrooms are not THAT small TBH...

Anyway its living space that more important and that is where the 2 bed in the springs suck...

The study is pretty small but was ok for us to use (as we dont run business from home) and on occassion we fired a single bed in there

Its ok for a couple thou, but if you have kids, forget about it...

We had an end terrace one which had a great garden..

For 150K which is what ours is renting for now, i would hope you can get bigger, but not in that area you wont...

Springs is 2 mins from SYR (time dependant of course) ignore all the B/S about 'it takes 1 hour to get onto SYR' absolute bollox.
There are 4 gyms in the area, 1 bar and lots of lakes to walk around, or run around if you are that way inclined..

Make sure you remember where your house is thou cause it is EXACTLY the same....if you like individuality..its not for you..
thanks - no kids and we wont be running a business from there. I guess if we are paying gym membership on top of rent then may be better to get an apartment (having said that i dont actually know how much gym membership is out there - im guessing UK prices)
"For 150K which is what ours is renting for now, i would hope you can get bigger, but not in that area you wont..." sorry being thick - what do u mean by this? i just love the idea of getting a villa rather than an apartment but im not averse to getting an apartment. having a gym is v important to us though (trying to shift that new marriage weight) thanks v much though for your advice. i have to say we didnt have any problem with the traffic while we were out there and travelled at all times during the day and night, however apparently this is because we were out during half term so the roads were less busy
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Fitness First have quite a few gyms near the Springs. The one in the nearby shopping mall is 369Dhs a month for an individual- don't know if couples would be cheaper per person.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Fitness First have quite a few gyms near the Springs. The one in the nearby shopping mall is 369Dhs a month for an individual- don't know if couples would be cheaper per person.
thanks - wow thats expensive.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by angelynv
thanks - wow thats expensive.
your joking! that's cheap!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I guess if we are paying gym membership on top of rent then may be better to get an apartment
Depends what you want in a gym....Most apartments i have been to have a treadmill, a bike and a stepper....hardly brilliant..Compare to a Hayaa gym or fitness first where you have classes..It is handy thou for a post work work-out..

For 150K which is what ours is renting for now, i would hope you can get bigger, but not in that area you wont
i mean that in other areas you may be able to get a slightly bigger villa for 150K, but around the springs area for that money that is all you will get...

If there are bigger villa's around going for 150K in that area then someone please inform me cause i cant think of any..
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:00 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelynv
hi looks like we can get a 2 bed villa in the springs for same price as 2 bed apartment in marina. does anyone here live in the springs? how far from SZ Road? Are there any gyms in that area or just the communal pools?
thanks!
The 2 beds in the Springs are a bit on the small size. If you have an end unit you have a bit more space. You don't get a family bathroom as each room has it's own bathroom and if you like baths and are under 4ft then you would be okay!!! I have a few friends who are in 2 beds and are happy enough with them.

There is a good community feel. I have a lot of friends who live dotted around the Springs and so far never met anyone who does not like it here. They are all pretty much identical as AA says but when you are inside it and see some of the funky things people have done then it is a different matter. You should not have a problem there

The gyms are ok but bit on the small side but you have a few to choose from and most of the Springs compounds have community pools and you also get pools with the gyms. The location is great and is very accessible. There are quite a few restaurants such as nooddle houses etc on your doorstep.

Did you get to see inside any of the villas? If you look on www.bhomes.com and go under the sales section you will usually get some pictures.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

mostinpowers786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
The 2 beds in the Springs are a bit on the small size. If you have an end unit you have a bit more space. You don't get a family bathroom as each room has it's own bathroom and if you like baths and are under 4ft then you would be okay!!! I have a few friends who are in 2 beds and are happy enough with them.

There is a good community feel. I have a lot of friends who live dotted around the Springs and so far never met anyone who does not like it here. They are all pretty much identical as AA says but when you are inside it and see some of the funky things people have done then it is a different matter. You should not have a problem there

The gyms are ok but bit on the small side but you have a few to choose from and most of the Springs compounds have community pools and you also get pools with the gyms. The location is great and is very accessible. There are quite a few restaurants such as nooddle houses etc on your doorstep.

Did you get to see inside any of the villas? If you look on www.bhomes.com and go under the sales section you will usually get some pictures.
I heard the springs are a bit "Truman Show" esq. Any truth in that? Does the same hold true of the arabian ranches?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:24 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
The gyms are ok but bit on the small side but you have a few to choose from
You have a choice insofar as both gyms (the one at Springs Village is closed at the moment) are run by Hayya, and by joining one you join them all. They're very poor value though IMO; membership is about double the price of the very posh and very large Holmes Place gym and spa I used to use at County Hall in central London, but the actual gyms themselves are small, not particularly well equipped, and you have to pay to rent towels etc if you don't bring your own - okay, only a dirham for a small towel, but it's the principle of the thing.

There are also numerous niggles with things like showers being in need of repair for months, that sort of thing. For the money you're paying, it's very unimpressive indeed, and I've heard numerous other gym users express the same opinion.

There are quite a few restaurants such as nooddle houses etc on your doorstep
I'd say there are a handful of food outlets within the actual area of The Springs - you've got Zyng (the noodle place, nearly always three-quarters empty - I always feel sorry for the staff when I walk past), Shakespeare's, McDonald's, Starbucks and Haagen-Dazs in the Town Centre, and another sort of cafe-type place whose name I don't know at Springs Village. I guess there might be something in the Lakes?

Obviously you've got a much wider selection if you drive to the Marina, and you're not far from Mall of the Emirates either.

Last edited by Eeyore; Mar 3rd 2008 at 5:46 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.