Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone like Doha??

Anyone like Doha??

Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone like Doha??

Originally Posted by mission
Doha is total sh*thole - unless you are going to be paid a whopping salary it ain't worth it.

Doha isn't such a bad place at all compared with some of the places I've lived and worked
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

love it
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:28 am
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

I left last october after 2 years in doha. It was tolerable but nothing much there. With the recent fire and closure of the best shopping mall. It must be even more difficult to find anywhere to go at a weekend. I thought the exit visa was a nuisance. Don't like being in a country whereby you can be stopped from leaving. In this part of the world they can find a reason quite easily and if you ever had a black mark on your name for any reason, you won't be going anywhere.
I
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I like it, but I have a very good social life and don't have to deal with too many ****wits on a day to day basis. Its the same as going on a butlins holiday, the resort is generally a shit hole that's falling apart but its what you make of it that makes the difference.
Velcome to Butlintz!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:35 pm
Banned

desert_dwellers is an unknown quantity at this point

It really depends on what are your priorities, if you are looking for peace and safety for family and children then Doha is the right place to be in, its a far cry from shit hole cities like liverpool and others, where you have to triple lock every room in your house before going to bed
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desert_dwellers
It really depends on what are your priorities, if you are looking for peace and safety for family and children then Doha is the right place to be in, its a far cry from shit hole cities like liverpool and others, where you have to triple lock every room in your house before going to bed
You don't like Scousers ?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

I lived in Doha from 06 to 07 and yes it is a boring place. I suppose it is because I arrived to Doha from UAE and I had lived from 96 to 06 in RAK UAE. I found myself longing to go back to UAE...Then in 07 I was transferred to Dubai...The short flight from Doha to Dubai was very memorable. I felt like robinson crusoe when he finally got to leave his island...I still miss Doha, but it's not missing it's like remembering my sense of total boredom and desolation of being there not knowing where to go and what to do on my spare time, luckily I had to work most of the time...

Doha is livable if you have a good circle of friends and meet up for activities and boozing indoors...That's about it...Or to put it another way: it is a Lite version of Saudi Arabia.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by co durham boy
You don't like Scousers ?
Who does?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Who does?
Ive shagged a few nice ones
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

lostinthedust is an unknown quantity at this point

For what its worth, I like it more than Riyadh :-)
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostinthedust
For what its worth, I like it more than Riyadh :-)
That is rather like saying you prefer living over death.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

lostinthedust is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OleJanx
That is rather like saying you prefer living over death.
or like Sodom over Gomorrah.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:29 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Ive shagged a few nice ones
Did you still have your wallet the next day?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
You've been answered on your other thread, quit double posting, it's annoying
Originally Posted by LMMB2012
Sorry - gosh I wouldn't like to really annoy you!!!
You're not doing so well here are you sweetie?
You need to relax and stop being so uptight...and don't post the same question in different threads.
I have never been but it seems that the general concensus to your question "(Does)Anybody like Doha??" seems to be a resounding NO!!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 5:35 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

Doha is s**t. Boring, dull and has backwards natives.

We are only here for the money and for that reason alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.