Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

anyone having e-mail problems?

anyone having e-mail problems?

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:23 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default anyone having e-mail problems?

My company e-mail and all of my 'pop' e-mail accounts have stopped working. All smtp as well. At first I thought it was a problem with our e-mail provider but i can't access my gmail 'pop' nor a pop server located in the US.

Anybody else having problems?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:34 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: anyone having e-mail problems?

Originally Posted by TA5
My company e-mail and all of my 'pop' e-mail accounts have stopped working. All smtp as well. At first I thought it was a problem with our e-mail provider but i can't access my gmail 'pop' nor a pop server located in the US.

Anybody else having problems?

yep, mate........ cant get into my work e-mail or hotmail or uni e-mail accounts..... Browsing is fine, but e-mail accounts arent.

The operation keeps timing out.

Whats going on?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:47 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
yep, mate........ cant get into my work e-mail or hotmail or uni e-mail accounts..... Browsing is fine, but e-mail accounts arent.

The operation keeps timing out.

Whats going on?
Dunno, something with pop access, i figure some idiot somewhere blocked the normal ports for pop and smtp.

Good to hear that it is a universal problem and not just me.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:51 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TA5
Dunno, something with pop access, i figure some idiot somewhere blocked the normal ports for pop and smtp.

Good to hear that it is a universal problem and not just me.

Etisalat sucks! I cant wait for Etisalat II. :scared:

This is terrible, now I cant send out my work e-mails and instead I have to spend more time on here.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Face81
Etisalat sucks! I cant wait for Etisalat II. :scared:

This is terrible, now I cant send out my work e-mails and instead I have to spend more time on here.

Company called Etisalat cause we couldn't chat they said the international line is down...no idea what that means....they're working on it
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:56 pm
W10

Really odd thing is that hotmail is usually blocked at my work, and for some reason it's now working

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:55 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Company called Etisalat cause we couldn't chat they said the international line is down...no idea what that means....they're working on it
That makes sense because EIM e-mail accounts were working. My e-mail seems to be working again as well, however i'm at home no on DIC telecom and not EIM.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:07 pm
W10

Weird, my office isn't in DIC or on a DIC connection as far as I know, yet I can get it.

However. Been told that it might have something to do with the fact that an underwater cable was severed last night/this morning.

So don't expect a fix soon.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:15 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

what email account is it? emirates.net.ae?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:17 pm
W10

Nope - hotmail.

Maybe they are supplied by DIC, even though the office near Defence Roundabout?

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:51 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Nope - hotmail.

Maybe they are supplied by DIC, even though the office near Defence Roundabout?
cant get into hotmail, gmail or work e-mail now and browsing is VERY slow as well.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:58 pm
W10

The cable severing has meant reduced capacity, meaning Etilsalat has given priority to browsing.

POP servers, peer to peer and online gaming will be slow or non existent until the cable gets fixed.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:58 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
The cable severing has meant reduced capacity, meaning Etilsalat has given priority to browsing.

POP servers, peer to peer and online gaming will be slow or non existent until the cable gets fixed.
bugger this!

The Internet is crap today.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:32 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

The redundant links deployed by Etisalat for such an eventuality has meant that normal Internet browsing and essential traffic will continue to work smoothly.

Bull-****ing-shit. Gmail.com is not working - so unless there are major problems internationally (and there aren't, or it would be on the news) they've deliberately blocked it. My overseas ISP isn't reachable by Pop or its webmail version. MSN isn't working (nor is Webmessenger). irc isn't working.

All these things in my opinion are "essential traffic". It's my ****ing email, for ****'s sake.

**** it.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:33 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Oh and this fking thing censors my fking swearing.

AND 800 6100 isn't working - it's "busy". I suppose that means there are plenty of other people just as fking mad as I am right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.