Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone going back to the UK soon?

Anyone going back to the UK soon?

Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice
Default Anyone going back to the UK soon?

I was wondering if anyone was going back to the UK in the near future - I came over on the 6th January, forgot to post a letter to the DVLA before I came out, sitting in my bag with a first class stamp on it!

I'm going back myself on the 31st January, but if anyone else was going out before and would be able to take and post my letter I would be really grateful!

I was told not to bother posting it out here - was advised I would be as well chucking it in the bin - same result
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going back to the UK soon?

Are you in Doha? I'm going back on 24th Jan
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:29 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Going to the UK, from where?

Or is it psychic Wednesday and no one told me?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
Going to the UK, from where?

Or is it psychic Wednesday and no one told me?
D'oh! What a numpty......

From Doha
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Theseus
Are you in Doha? I'm going back on 24th Jan
Yes I am, that would be very much appreciated if you could take it back!

Send me a pm with your contact details and I'll call to arrange to drop it off to you

Thanks so much, you're a lifesaver!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:23 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Post works perfect well in Doha, takes about a week to 10 days to reach the UK by air mail. I use it regularly to send stuff home for the kids and never had a problem in over 2 years.

The post office is just off the Corniche, about half way along and opposite the main Commercial Bank HQ tower. You can buy stamps there for a few Riyals to post your letter by air mail.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:29 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imack1811
D'oh! What a numpty......

From Doha
I think you'll find that sending post out of the country is generally okay, but it's items coming in that occasionally go missing. If something is important, send it by courier.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if anyone was going back to the UK in the near future - I came over on the 6th January, forgot to post a letter to the DVLA before I came out, sitting in my bag with a first class stamp on it!

I'm going back myself on the 31st January, but if anyone else was going out before and would be able to take and post my letter I would be really grateful!

I was told not to bother posting it out here - was advised I would be as well chucking it in the bin - same result
dvla, not renewing your driving licence are you?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
dvla, not renewing your driving licence are you?
Nope, sold my car before I came out and forgot to post the registration docs!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, sold my car before I came out and forgot to post the registration docs!
thats ok, as i was going to say if its renewal of dl then you cant do it anyway as you are not resident, a lot of people have been enquiring just recently.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Use the local post office.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Needless to say, make sure the envelope you may decide to take back to the UK to post on behalf of a complete stranger isn't sealed so you can examine the contents, however light and thin the envelope may be......
Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Needless to say, make sure the envelope you may decide to take back to the UK to post on behalf of a complete stranger isn't sealed so you can examine the contents, however light and thin the envelope may be......
hmmm good point - thanks
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Hmm.....wasn't quite the response I was expecting when I posted what I thought was a simple request!

Fair point though, I'll make sure it's in an unsealed envelope
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hmm.....wasn't quite the response I was expecting when I posted what I thought was a simple request!

Fair point though, I'll make sure it's in an unsealed envelope

Tragic eh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.