Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone else think this is bollox?

Anyone else think this is bollox?

Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:32 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else think this is bollox?

Just had this thru.....

Any thoughts?

-------------------
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:37 AM
To: All Dubai TV Users
Subject: FW: Important
Importance: High

Dear All,

If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person,

saying that, he or she is a company engineer, or telling that they're

checking

your mobile line, and you have to press # 90 or #09 or any other number.

End this call immediately without pressing any numbers. There is a fraud

company using a device that once you press #90 or #09 they can access your

"SIM" card and make calls at your expense.

Forward this message to as many

friends as you can, to stop it.

All mobile users pay attention if you receive a phone call and your�* mobile

phone displays (XALAN) on the screen don't answer the call,

END THE CALL IMMEDIATELY, if you answer the call, your phone will be

infected�* by a virus..

This virus will erase all IMEI and IMSI information from both

your phone and your SIM card, which will make your phone unable to connect

with the telephone network. You will have to buy a new phone. This

information has been confirmed by both Motorola and Nokia. There are over 3

Million mobile phones being infected by this virus in all around the world

now.

You can also check this news in the CNN web site.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS PIECE OF I NFORMATION TO ALL YOUR

FRIENDS HAVING A MOBILE

Executive Events

�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�* Government Of Dubai

�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�* Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing

�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�*�* Website: www.dubaitourism.co.ae

__________________________________________________ _____

Last edited by Sue; Oct 16th 2005 at 6:00 pm. Reason: Personnal info removed to protect privacy
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone else think this is bollox?

Note to future posters

"bollocks" not "bollox" ... I wouldn't get away with it in scrabble I don't see why people should here.

Is that Ramadannydingdong thing over yet?

Prayer is better than sleep my arse.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:42 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Note to future posters

"bollocks" not "bollox" ... .

Eitherway it means the same!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:42 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by MJC
Just had this thru.....

Any thoughts?

QUOTE]

Im quite safe then...... Unless the number is in my phone I DONT answer the darned thing!!!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:44 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

and i thought you were ignoring me because of all your husbands!!! [QUOTE=Heart of gold]

Im quite safe then...... Unless the number is in my phone I DONT answer the darned thing!!!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:51 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by MJC
and i thought you were ignoring me because of all your husbands!!!

Can I ignore you anyway??? And 'ALL' husbands, I only need one!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Eitherway it means the same!
I'm holding my tears
Because of you i can feel my fear
you are my tear
That's why i cant cry
You are a drop i cant even try
As long as you're inside my eye
Then i'm in heaven with a cry
I tell ya, if I wasn't already married then I'd memorise that 'cos words like that (and the occasional splash of Lynx) are guaranteed to open some legs

And there I shall bid adieu ... to yer and yer and yer ...
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:59 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

I tell ya, if I wasn't already married then I'd memorise that 'cos words like that (and the occasional splash of Lynx) are guaranteed to open some legs

And there I shall bid adieu ... to yer and yer and yer ...

I welcome you with my words!

My words are the only precious thing that I posses.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CasaNova
I welcome you with my words!

My words are the only precious thing that I posses.
It's "possess" ... ah well, never mind
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:07 pm
Banned

ah well, never mind

Good!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

It's an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/jailcall.asp
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:11 am
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Note to future posters

"bollocks" not "bollox" ... I wouldn't get away with it in scrabble I don't see why people should here.
Problem is that this board censors certain words. Hence my use of "fking".

I've always rather liked "bollox" - it confuses merkins even more.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:24 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by secretdubai

I've always rather liked bollocks
F'naar, F'naar!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by secretdubai
Problem is that this board censors certain words. Hence my use of "fking".

I've always rather liked "bollox" - it confuses merkins even more.
Ah, gotcha ... all the time there are tits flying and King Cnut is still talked about there is time for some clever wordplay.

There is a company called "Frigmobile" here in Oz that runs articulated refigerated trucks ... the name gives me a giggle but then again I'm a Sid James/Carry On sort of guy.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:28 pm
Banned

Etisalat Debunked this circulation