Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Abu Dhabi

Anyone from Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Confucius
It's been a while,matey...How are you and the family???
yea, good thanks,

Hows you?

Been a wee bit busy of late....
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
yea, good thanks,

Hows you?

Been a wee bit busy of late....
I'm great as always,thanks...
Even better now that I'm in the same timezone as the family...
You coming back???
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I'm great as always,thanks...
Even better now that I'm in the same timezone as the family...
You coming back???
im back now......
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

im back now......
It's a Festivus Miracle!!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Know anything about Mangrove Village or seashore villa's in the Officers City area?

Or where do youy recommend for family accommodation near the Airport area?

cheers
Hi AA,
I actually live in Mangrove, and i can tell you the following.
It's a lovely place - lots of varying nationalities, with great facilities (indoor and outdoor pool, ladies and mens gym, kids pools, beach is a bit iffy, tennis court, basketball court, steam/sauna, etc.) and our very own resident Dutch football star. However, i've heard that there is a long waiting list and prices have skyrocketed (we paid 180,000 for 4-bed in June 07, and they are now a reported 220,000). First Gulf Bank manage them - so call Manuela on 0508133103 and find out how long the waiting list is.
Seashore Villas (actually has no access to the seashore) are a lot smaller, apparently and are predominantly 3-bed. I've been told they have good facilitities (not sure about resident Dutch Superstars, though). Only one parking space each, and i believe some of them are still available, or will be when the purchaser decides to pay the balloon payment and they can then take possession and rent them.
I've heard there are some villa's coming available in Khalifa City - not sure where, but apparently they are out there to be had.
Hope this helps,

Chris
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:36 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistopher
Hi AA,
It's a lovely place - lots of varying nationalities, with great facilities (indoor and outdoor pool, ladies and mens gym, kids pools, beach is a bit iffy, tennis court, basketball court, steam/sauna, etc.) and our very own resident Dutch football star.
Chris

come on, which Dutch football player are you talking about then...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi AA,
It's a lovely place - lots of varying nationalities, with great facilities (indoor and outdoor pool, ladies and mens gym, kids pools, beach is a bit iffy, tennis court, basketball court, steam/sauna, etc.) and our very own resident Dutch football star. However, i've heard that there is a long waiting list and prices have skyrocketed (we paid 180,000 for 4-bed in June 07, and they are now a reported 220,000). First Gulf Bank manage them - so call Manuela on 0508133103 and find out how long the waiting list is.
Seashore Villas (actually has no access to the seashore) are a lot smaller, apparently and are predominantly 3-bed. I've been told they have good facilitities (not sure about resident Dutch Superstars, though). Only one parking space each, and i believe some of them are still available, or will be when the purchaser decides to pay the balloon payment and they can then take possession and rent them.
I've heard there are some villa's coming available in Khalifa City - not sure where, but apparently they are out there to be had.
Hope this helps,

Chris

Cheers,

so who is the resident Dutch superstar?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, now's a chance to test your dutch footballing knowledge!
He was Dutch captain until fairly recently and has played for Barcelona and PSV for the last 10 years or so.
Answers on a postcard, please!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:53 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, now's a chance to test your dutch footballing knowledge!
He was Dutch captain until fairly recently and has played for Barcelona and PSV for the last 10 years or so.
Answers on a postcard, please!!
oh...Cocu
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh...Cocu
Juist
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Juist

ahhh plays for AL Jazera??

not a bad player, not a patch on Ronald DeBoer it has to be said thou
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

aarcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone from Abu Dhabi

I'm coming out for a recce to AD in Feb 08.

Just wondered if there are any agengies that let apartments/houses on short term basis that you may know of?

Bringing my wife a 3 little ones for 2 weeks, hence staying in a hotel would be pricey and maybe not as good as a self catering place in the cicumstances.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Arbroath A- lookit Futureview Property-showing plan of houses at both loci-not that they are avail. right enough.Also remember for AN stuff and medics,shops etc you are goin to have to go on island-quick drive up 30th so no worries.KCA& KCB-still have a kinda lunar station look about 'em.

Person asking about short term lets- a few but designed for nuclear fams-hotel would be your best(if expensive option)....
Currently 14:1 looking -v- avail property.If you doin small print on Contract at mo- for a family house with o.s space -on island Dhs270k up; Nursery and schools oversubscribed and very expensive.Could get fab 4 bed flat 180..ish but no outside space........that's how it is.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:25 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Eva
Hey, Arbroath A- lookit Futureview Property-showing plan of houses at both loci-not that they are avail. right enough.Also remember for AN stuff and medics,shops etc you are goin to have to go on island-quick drive up 30th so no worries.KCA& KCB-still have a kinda lunar station look about 'em.

Person asking about short term lets- a few but designed for nuclear fams-hotel would be your best(if expensive option)....
Currently 14:1 looking -v- avail property.If you doin small print on Contract at mo- for a family house with o.s space -on island Dhs270k up; Nursery and schools oversubscribed and very expensive.Could get fab 4 bed flat 180..ish but no outside space........that's how it is.
that's a very informative post...I think
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva
Thanks Eva,

What does this mean thou

KCA KCB????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.