Reload this Page >

Any US expat in UAE? Tax query

Any US expat in UAE? Tax query

Old Jul 11th 2018, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

pupdawg82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any US expat in UAE? Tax query

Hi,

I am a US citizen and want to gather some information on tax that Americans have to pay to uncle Sam while living and working abroad. Do we owe taxes on entire package (housing, schooling and other allowances) or just base and bonus? How housing allowance can be excluded and up to what amount?

Is there a software simulator you know which can provide general idea on how much I would owe if moved to UAE? Google wasn't much of help in this.

Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2018, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any US expat in UAE? Tax query

Originally Posted by pupdawg82 View Post
Hi,

I am a US citizen and want to gather some information on tax that Americans have to pay to uncle Sam while living and working abroad. Do we owe taxes on entire package (housing, schooling and other allowances) or just base and bonus? How housing allowance can be excluded and up to what amount?

Is there a software simulator you know which can provide general idea on how much I would owe if moved to UAE? Google wasn't much of help in this.

Thanks
There is a huge amount of info on this on another expat site. I do not think i can post the link here but if you google tax deductions for an American expat in Dubai it will bring up the forum and link
Old Jul 11th 2018, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

pupdawg82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks reddiva!
Old Aug 19th 2018, 6:21 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pupdawg82 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
There is a long term US tax attorney in Dubai who has a blog which might help you.

PM me and I'll get the link to you.

N.