Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any UAE employment law guru's on?

Any UAE employment law guru's on?

Old May 19th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any UAE employment law guru's on?

i need a bit of advice regarding a 'friend' of mine who is going in to a meeting that he thinks will result in him getting fired

he has not done anything wrong at all and has not been given any warning to date (verbal or written)

He has not committed any form of gross misconduct, but just does not get on with his boss

cheers
Old May 19th 2007, 3:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any UAE employment law guru's on?

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i need a bit of advice regarding a 'friend' of mine who is going in to a meeting that he thinks will result in him getting fired

he has not done anything wrong at all and has not been given any warning to date (verbal or written)

He has not committed any form of gross misconduct, but just does not get on with his boss

cheers
if your mate get's fired he will get a lot more money than if he resigned, he will get three months salary etc. (I think). Do a search on the UAE labour law, I have found that the employer's seem able to do what they want. I have never heard of anyone going to court over being dismissed but only to the labour court for non payment of salary.
Old May 19th 2007, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

if your friend needs a lawyer I recommend Jim Berry - he does employment law - berry at emirates.net.ae. I would also like to tell your friend not to argue with the boss or back answer in anyway, tell him to keep his DIGNITY and leave the office with his head held high. Then when he gets into his car (if he still has one) then he can swear and do all the v signs etc.

Good sound advice from a Geordie Lass.
Old May 19th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if your friend needs a lawyer I recommend Jim Berry - he does employment law - berry at emirates.net.ae. I would also like to tell your friend not to argue with the boss or back answer in anyway, tell him to keep his DIGNITY and leave the office with his head held high. Then when he gets into his car (if he still has one) then he can swear and do all the v signs etc.

Good sound advice from a Geordie Lass.
ill tell my mate to keep calm
Old May 19th 2007, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
1st question; how long has he been there???
Old May 19th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Confucius
1st question; how long has he been there???
8 months
Old May 19th 2007, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

8 months
Dubai or Free Zone???
The last I remember (about 3 years ago),a friend of mine was made redundant,not fired,and was paid 21 days per each year of service...He was there for about 29 months...
But if you resign,I think you wont get anything,especially for 8 months...
Old May 19th 2007, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dubai or Free Zone???
The last I remember (about 3 years ago),a friend of mine was made redundant,not fired,and was paid 21 days per each year of service...He was there for about 29 months...
But if you resign,I think you wont get anything,especially for 8 months...
But,will tell you something very important,noone exactly knows everything...Everyday there is a new law,and everyone has some story to tell according to what they heard,what they saw...So,if one day they didn't get to read Gulf News or whatever and missed an important article,then they lack in credibility...Me,I know nothing...
Old May 19th 2007, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Me,I know nothing...
wow, this is the first honest post I have ever seen from you, i am literally speechless...

MM, xx
Old May 19th 2007, 11:59 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I have a"friend" that was forced to resign. Either that or take up his post in Saudi.

Because he did not wish to do that, he had to leave.
The company took back the full 12 months housing allowance, car allowance, travel allowance and every other penny they could.

If your friend needs advice..the best i would say is to get fired instead of resigning
Old May 20th 2007, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I have a"friend" that was forced to resign. Either that or take up his post in Saudi.

Because he did not wish to do that, he had to leave.
The company took back the full 12 months housing allowance, car allowance, travel allowance and every other penny they could.

If your friend needs advice..the best i would say is to get fired instead of resigning
Exactly...Get out of there with a blaze of glory...
Old May 20th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

oh he definately will not be resigning.

His parent company is from Europe and they are aware of the situation but his contract is a local one.

im sure he will keep me informed as he has a meeting in 1 hour!!!
Old May 20th 2007, 9:21 am
Concierge

How's your mate???
Old May 20th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

he is fine

His local HR have taken absolutely no action and want no part in any of this issue,but his direct boss has issued him a warning letter between himself and my friend.

This i have informed my friend is absoultely pointless and not worth the paper it is written on so my friend will not sign it.

so the drama continues
Old May 20th 2007, 9:35 am
Concierge

he is fine

His local HR have taken absolutely no action and want no part in any of this issue,but his direct boss has issued him a warning letter between himself and my friend.

This i have informed my friend is absoultely pointless and not worth the paper it is written on so my friend will not sign it.

so the drama continues

well done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.