Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any Nurses about tonight???

Any Nurses about tonight???

Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:20 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Any Nurses about tonight???

Son has temp of 102.4 has had fever since yesterday 'cos of being out in sun all day with neighbour. Have given calpol and paracetamol but temp still up, slight headache....any suggestions. Not wanting to over-react but never had this before....this has been going on since he got home yesterday around 7pm?
Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:51 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Nurses about tonight???

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Son has temp of 102.4 has had fever since yesterday 'cos of being out in sun all day with neighbour. Have given calpol and paracetamol but temp still up, slight headache....any suggestions. Not wanting to over-react but never had this before....this has been going on since he got home yesterday around 7pm?

Nurofen is better than calpol, as no inprovement since in 24 hours then I would strongly suggest you get him to the Hospital! My yougest had phnemonia in January so TAKE no chances.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:52 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

When ever my son shows signs of not being well I get a bottle of Amoxicillen (cant spell this word)from the chemist and always does the trick.

Last edited by Heart of gold; Nov 15th 2004 at 4:30 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

definately agree with heart of gold, get him down to a&e and give him dose of nurofen, we give that to our babes on my unit and it takes effect much more quickly.
goodluck

Trish
Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:56 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry JB... can't help much. The temperature since yesterday... I think u should take him to the hospital.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
definately agree with heart of gold, get him down to a&e and give him dose of nurofen, we give that to our babes on my unit and it takes effect much more quickly.
goodluck

Trish
get him to A&E asap, i'm a paeds nurse, if he hasn't responded to calpol etc and its been going on for longer than 12 hours, don't hesitate. no one wikk think any the worse of you for your concerns.

hope he's ok

debbie
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
When ever my son shows signs of not being well I get a bottle of Amoxicillen (cant spell this word)from the chemist and always does the trick.

Just had to comment...... Amoxycillin given repeatedly when not really necessary is causing a lot of long term problems..... I strongly suggest you do not give antibiotics to a child or take them yourself unless an infection is present and the correct antibiotic for the bug prescribed....

Overuse is causing a rise in antibiotic resistant bugs everywhere. If you want to have a little search then try looking at MRSA.

Sorry just read what I typed... Not meant as a lecture sorry... Just I have seen the result of it, and it's not nice..... Nurse here also....

The child may have heat or sun stroke... Needs hydration by the sounds of it... Definately go to the hospital asap.......
Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by honeymommy
Just had to comment...... Amoxycillin given repeatedly when not really necessary is causing a lot of long term problems..... I strongly suggest you do not give antibiotics to a child or take them yourself unless an infection is present and the correct antibiotic for the bug prescribed....

Overuse is causing a rise in antibiotic resistant bugs everywhere. If you want to have a little search then try looking at MRSA.

Sorry just read what I typed... Not meant as a lecture sorry... Just I have seen the result of it, and it's not nice..... Nurse here also....

The child may have heat or sun stroke... Needs hydration by the sounds of it... Definately go to the hospital asap.......
Im an auxillary for the elderly, and no I dont think your lecturing at all. I use antibiotics very occasionally ( I should of said sorry) I can usually tell when Nurofen will do the trick and when I need something else.

Last weekend my son showed signs of stranulated Hernia, thank god it wasn't but when a two year old is in extreme discomfort then you know that the Hospital is your best bet and they gave him nurofen and amoxicillen.. Right as reign in a day
Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by honeymommy

I have dealt with MRSA and every precaution must be met and yeap including the reduced use of antibiotics.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:58 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Heart and Honeymommy,

Amoxcyllien is a antibiotic right? I don't think you can get it without doctor prescribtion.

And what is the different Neurofen and Ibuprofen???

Thanks
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by novita77
Heart and Honeymommy,

Amoxcyllien is a antibiotic right? I don't think you can get it without doctor prescribtion.

And what is the different Neurofen and Ibuprofen???

Thanks

Novita ..... You can buy Amoxycillen over the counter here, as with Brufen 600mg in strength.. You can buy almost anything over here .... Bit scary really!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

kittykaboodle has a spectacular aura aboutkittykaboodle has a spectacular aura aboutkittykaboodle has a spectacular aura about

Sorry no medical qualifications myself,but got 3 little ones, hope jellybaby gets better soon.I find gut instinct great in these situations,if you're seriously worried about junior go and see some one.

Kind regards,

Kitty
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:43 pm
semarang

Novita ..... You can buy Amoxycillen over the counter here, as with Brufen 600mg in strength.. You can buy almost anything over here .... Bit scary really!
And what is the different between neurofen and brufen? are they the same stuffs?
Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:14 pm

[
QUOTE=novita77]And what is the different between neurofen and brufen? are they the same stuffs?
[/QUOTE]
Brufen is the medical name - nurofen is the trade name
Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:21 pm
semarang

[
Brufen is the medical name - nurofen is the trade name [/QUOTE]

Oh Ok... Thank You.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.