Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any Musicians Out there?

Any Musicians Out there?

Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:44 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Musicians Out there?

Hi all

I need to get hold of a bagpipe practise chanter reed? I can order them from the UK, however it cost's three times as much to send it out to me than what the item is worth

Anyhoo, is anyone aware of any music shops that may stock these items. There must be a few around as bagpipe/chanter music is quite popular in this region.

Cheers

Zannie xx
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:48 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Musicians Out there?

Originally Posted by Zannie
Hi all

I need to get hold of a bagpipe practise chanter reed? I can order them from the UK, however it cost's three times as much to send it out to me than what the item is worth

Anyhoo, is anyone aware of any music shops that may stock these items. There must be a few around as bagpipe/chanter music is quite popular in this region.

Cheers

Zannie xx
Hey Zannie,
Barsha Barbie is quite into her music and has been in Dubai a while, she might know of a few music shops that can get it for ya.
send her a PM

worth a try !!

rgds

JD
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:51 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Hey Zannie,
Barsha Barbie is quite into her music and has been in Dubai a while, she might know of a few music shops that can get it for ya.
send her a PM

worth a try !!

rgds

JD
Cheers JD

I'll do that, see you later.

Zannie x
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Hey Zannie,
send her a PM

worth a try !!

rgds

JD
Hi Jd,
I am in need of a drum set for my 9 yr old...any ideas?
Sarah
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:15 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah1
Hi Jd,
I am in need of a drum set for my 9 yr old...any ideas?
Sarah

i have an idea......DONT it's a nine year old and a drum kit

are you a masochist, insane, deaf, or just plain mad
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiva
i have an idea......DONT it's a nine year old and a drum kit

are you a masochist, insane, deaf, or just plain mad
Must be....lol
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:41 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah1
Must be....lol

Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:19 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Cheers

Zannie xx

Phew!

Here I thought u were fishing for singers for monday night!

tried "googling" for you and came up with the following from the Time Out website:

The brand-spanking Music Institute (04 390 0786) in Knowledge Village offers one-on-one or group lessons in piano, guitar, violin, drums, flute and saxophone for Dhs130 an hour for individual lessons and Dhs80 an hour for group classes. There’s also a registration fee of Dhs50 and a rehearsal fee of Dhs30 per hour. Certificates are available with examinations taken through London’s Trinity and Royal Colleges.

Another college with ties to Trinity is the Karama-based Dubai Music School (04 396 4834). Headed by pop star Glen Perry, DMS offers a wide range of courses in a number of instruments. Students pay a registration fee of Dhs50 – which allows unlimited use of the school’s instruments and access to the library – plus monthly tuition fees of Dhs800 (piano), Dhs400 (drums, bass, violin), Dhs300 (jazz, rock guitar) or Dhs200 (organ) for two one-hour classes per week. The school also has its own recording studio and Glen himself will step behind the desk to produce his protégés’ demos.

Finally, if you want to sing like an angel but can’t carry a tune in a bucket, the super-nice Janet Hildebrand-Hassounah and her Dubai Vocal Studio (050 698 0773) may just be able to help. Offering one-on-one lessons at every level from professional to pathetic, Janet can whip your larynx into shape for Dhs200 per hour.
hope that helps.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:26 am
A Natural Blonde

Originally Posted by Face81
Phew!

Here I thought u were fishing for singers for monday night!

tried "googling" for you and came up with the following from the Time Out website:

hope that helps.
That's great, cheers Face.

How's your day?

Tried to karma you, but I need to spread more of it about before I can karma you again! IOU one blue box!

Zannie x
Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:37 am
A Natural Blonde

Found this, didn't realise Dubai had it's own pipe band! Maybe I should join ...LOL....

Need a fair bit of practise first, it's been over ten years since I last played them.

Zannie x
Attached Thumbnails Any Musicians Out there?-dpb_main_pic.jpg  
Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:39 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

That's great, cheers Face.

How's your day?

Tried to karma you, but I need to spread more of it about before I can karma you again! IOU one blue box!

Zannie x
Glad it was of some use to ya Zan.

Day is going well apart from my addiction to this forum - and here i thought I was on the road to recovery. LOL

Not to worry bout the k..... gimme some when u can..... I cant keep track of all the IOU's ppl keep giving me. LOL