British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Any last minute advice.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/any-last-minute-advice-858396/)

dcec May 18th 2015 11:06 am

Any last minute advice....

Hi to all,

My husband is heading off on his jollys shortly to Dubai, Qatar & possibly Oman, well he's actually heading off for 'some' interviews for jobs, so that's good and he gets to go without me so I'm sure it will be a bit of a jolly for him.

At this stage we have exhausted linkedin, recruiters (least said about them the better), websites, headhunters, newspapers.... we've done it all and it's a long, long trawl as many of you know.

Since he is going to be out there for a few weeks can anyone think of anything else we can do before he goes or anything he could do whilst out there to get the most out of this trip? I know networking is a big part of it so fortunately he's got a few contacts to meet whilst there.

We've spent so long planning the first part that now we've reached the stage he's actually going over we're not sure if we've done enough!?

Hoping for some interesting input!

dcec x

scrubbedexpat141 May 19th 2015 6:03 am

Re: Any last minute advice....

Originally Posted by dcec (Post 11649053)
Hi to all,

My husband is heading off on his jollys shortly to Dubai, Qatar & possibly Oman, well he's actually heading off for 'some' interviews for jobs, so that's good and he gets to go without me so I'm sure it will be a bit of a jolly for him.

At this stage we have exhausted linkedin, recruiters (least said about them the better), websites, headhunters, newspapers.... we've done it all and it's a long, long trawl as many of you know.

Since he is going to be out there for a few weeks can anyone think of anything else we can do before he goes or anything he could do whilst out there to get the most out of this trip? I know networking is a big part of it so fortunately he's got a few contacts to meet whilst there.

We've spent so long planning the first part that now we've reached the stage he's actually going over we're not sure if we've done enough!?

Hoping for some interesting input!

dcec x

What does he do?

dcec May 19th 2015 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11650038)
What does he do?

Hi Scamp,

Should've mentioned that I suppose....

Construction PM

dcec

scrubbedexpat141 May 19th 2015 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by dcec (Post 11650117)
Hi Scamp,

Should've mentioned that I suppose....

Construction PM

dcec

He must know some people out here?

dcec May 19th 2015 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11650335)
He must know some people out here?

He knows a couple of folk Scamp so I'm sure he will be seeing them!

dcec

scrubbedexpat141 May 20th 2015 6:44 am

Send me a private message with your / his email address.

dcec May 20th 2015 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11651096)
Send me a private message with your / his email address.

Done.