Any Help.................

Any Help.................

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Help.................

Originally Posted by DubaiPete
His email address!!
Have you tried to search for him on Facebook using his email address? You could also search for it on Google because he may have advertised online at some point. Plus did you just give him some cash without getting a receipt or did you do a wire transfer to his bank account? If you need to take it further to get your money back then you will need to have proof of the payment at the very least.

Please ignore LH, we do.

Best of luck x
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

DubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Have you tried to search for him on Facebook using his email address? You could also search for it on Google because he may have advertised online at some point. Plus did you just give him some cash without getting a receipt or did you do a wire transfer to his bank account? If you need to take it further to get your money back then you will need to have proof of the payment at the very least.

Please ignore LH, we do.

Best of luck x
I paid him cash!! WIsh i had applied for the cheque book now!! I tried facebook, google, etc, but to no avail!!

I got a receipt for the cash!! Just hacked off about it!! It all seemed to be going well!! :curse:
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:05 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry but seeing that it was virtually your first BE post, I was expecting this to be an offer of help to make new friends rather than a begging bowl. You need to be around here a while longer to attract the sympathy vote.
...that was a bit below the belt and unnecessary...whether it's his 1st post or 10,000th post...it's a fellow BE in trouble.

The quote from Autonomy says it all "treat people as you wish to be treated, maybe have a little think before launching yet another attack for little reason. Just because it’s on the ‘net doesn’t mean you need to act like a tosser. "

Autonomy's thread is here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7397166
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:13 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I need some help as I seem to have been stitched up regarding a new apartment, and have no idea what to do!!

Viewed an apartment in JBR, good price, but as we could not move in until 02/05/09, the chap asked for the deposit to hold it!! Sorted I thought!

Met him, got the owners passport copy and proof of ownership, and proof of paying the deposit.

The owner is here from the UK at the moment, and we were going to meet up.

This was on the 13/03/09.

Spoke to the guy Thursday who told me, change of plan, owner needs to rent it this week, so I could have my deposit back.

Agreed to meet today [Sunday] but his phone seems to have been cut off!

No doubt some of you are thinking "what a ****" maybe I am, but I’m here now so I need to try and deal with it!

Has this happened to anyone else?

ANY help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Pete
The owner of the apartment you paid a deposit on may have bought the apartment directly from Dubai Properties LLC (the developers of JBR). So, it might be worthwhile contacting them to trace the owner:

The Dubai Properties Contact Centre

Operating hours are from 8:00am to 10:00pm

Tel : Toll Free in the UAE 800 7700, from outside the UAE dial + 971 4 360 2006
Email : [email protected]
Fax : + 971 4 435 3003

Hope it all works out
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:20 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry but seeing that it was virtually your first BE post, I was expecting this to be an offer of help to make new friends rather than a begging bowl. You need to be around here a while longer to attract the sympathy vote.
have you ever given a sympathy vote?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
LH, take it from me. You are a Grade 1 arse. You dont need the practice but why not sign back in under Shadya's name just so she can get her pillock points up a bit...
but he can't do that, he's on the dayshift...he has to wait til the evenings or weekends before logging in under her name...

dubaipete, ignore lionheart...others have given you some good advice, hope it works out...

MM, xx
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I paid him cash!! WIsh i had applied for the cheque book now!! I tried facebook, google, etc, but to no avail!!

I got a receipt for the cash!! Just hacked off about it!! It all seemed to be going well!! :curse:
GO STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE.

Really, I mean it.
They don't take stuff like this on the chin.
CID are very good and very far reaching here.
Let them sort it for you.

This is theft, its a police matter..
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon

Really, I mean it.

I agree with Admon, was just going to post the same. Open a police report against this individual.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:41 am
Just Joined

DubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant future

Just thought i'd post a quick update!!

Went to the Police last night, they looked at his number and checked the passport but said they have nothing!!

I've emialed DP as per one suggestion, and are still awaiting a response!!

Someone suggested use the DEWA account to trace the owner, which i'm going to go and do tonight!!

Thanks all for your suggestioins and if i ever get any cash back i'll let you know!!

Wow, i've just seen a unicorn.............................

Pete
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:05 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought i'd post a quick update!!

Went to the Police last night, they looked at his number and checked the passport but said they have nothing!!

I've emialed DP as per one suggestion, and are still awaiting a response!!

Someone suggested use the DEWA account to trace the owner, which i'm going to go and do tonight!!

Thanks all for your suggestioins and if i ever get any cash back i'll let you know!!

Wow, i've just seen a unicorn.............................

Pete
DP do not anwer e mails however the guy in their office in UP01 Amwaj 2 is pretty helpful, might just be worth calling in there to see him.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon

Really, I mean it.

Absolutely. I was going to suggest the same.

Do you have a receipt for the deposit, any written agreement/contract? Have you kept a copy of his passport and property ownership documents?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

PS: Could you pm me details of the property and the owner's name? Can't promise, but will try and see if someone in the land dept can trace his details (if he is indeed the owner and has registered his property).