Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any Hatta Pools experts here?

Any Hatta Pools experts here?

Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:24 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Hatta Pools experts here?

We're sure you can get your car almost to the edge of the water at the Hatta Pools if you cross the wadi at that signposted crossing point... the thing is, when you come up the other side of the wadi, the road appears to go straight into someone's private compound, and they've even put "No Entry" signs up. We've definitely seen cars over the other side, though... so does anyone know the deal? Do you just ignore the signs and drive through the compound?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Hatta Pools experts here?

Sorry mate but I have no idea what on earth you are talking about.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:08 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
nor me.. went up there once..
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You're absolutely right...You have no idea what she's talking about...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:42 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zannie
We're sure you can get your car almost to the edge of the water at the Hatta Pools if you cross the wadi at that signposted crossing point... the thing is, when you come up the other side of the wadi, the road appears to go straight into someone's private compound, and they've even put "No Entry" signs up. We've definitely seen cars over the other side, though... so does anyone know the deal? Do you just ignore the signs and drive through the compound?
Can you step back a bit and tell me how to get that far? Do I need a 4x4?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:09 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

So you might say you're *not* a Hatta Pools expert? Thanks for dropping by anyway.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:18 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

So you might say you're *not* a Hatta Pools expert? Thanks for dropping by anyway.
yeah, and to think he could have been giving attention to his family instead of typing that useless post...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:22 pm
A Natural Blonde

Originally Posted by Dubai_Chick
Can you step back a bit and tell me how to get that far? Do I need a 4x4?
You don't absolutely need one, but it would make life more comfortable... for the last 20 minutes or so you're driving on an unmade road.

The pools aren't signposted, but they're easy enough to reach if you have proper directions. In brief : turn right at the Hatta Fort Hotel roundabout into Hatta town, then take the first left, then right at the next roundabout, straight ahead (well, you're bearing to the right, but really it's straight ahead) at the roundabout after that, then take the next left. Then follow that road for a few miles until the tarmac runs out and it turns into a dirt track heading away to your right. Follow the dirt track for about 20 minutes, and eventually you'll find yourself coming down a hill with a sharp bend to the right at the bottom, and the pools will be right in front of you (but hidden). You'll have to leave the car and walk/scramble down to them.

You may see people over the opposite side of the wadi with their cars parked virtually at the water's edge... it's getting over there that's the trick.

You can see the whole route clearly on Google Earth. We've just been using it to see if we can work out how you to get to the track on the other side of the wadi.

Last edited by Zannie; Oct 16th 2007 at 7:26 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:25 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much Zannie. I have a girlfriend in town next weekend so I am hoping between us we can find it.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai_Chick
Thank you very much Zannie. I have a girlfriend in town next weekend so I am hoping between us we can find it.
any room for someone else to come along
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

I've forded the wadi at Hatta Pools but it was a couple of years back...As I remember it, where you come off the road to turn into the road leading to the parking area, instead of turning left you go straight (there is no road leading straight so don't look for one) - there is a steep narrow path down to the water from there. Be careful, one of the cars in our convoy got stuck in the gravel with water up to his wheel arches & needed a tow-out. If you're only 1 vehicle I wouldn't risk it.

I seem to recall a compound, if there were no entry signs I didn't notice them...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:06 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
yeah, and to think he could have been giving attention to his family instead of typing that useless post...
Coming from someone with almost 11,000 posts!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:33 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
lol...this was an 'inside' joke
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Your post will be completely irrelevant when she reaches the 20,000 posts mark in late November...So, shut it nicely...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:34 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be irrelevant looooong before that (if it isn't already!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.