British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Any experience of monthly rental in Dubai? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/any-experience-monthly-rental-dubai-859736/)

Bungdit Din Jun 8th 2015 7:33 am

Any experience of monthly rental in Dubai?

Might need to rent somewhere just for a couple of months later in the year. Looks like I could get a furnished studio in Disco Gardens for about 5000 a month.

Anyone got any experience of that sort of thing? Is it a simple case of paying your first month's rent and moving in, or do they expect massive deposits etc that you hope will be returned when you leave?

Mogs Jun 9th 2015 5:42 am

Re: Any experience of monthly rental in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 11669123)
Might need to rent somewhere just for a couple of months later in the year. Looks like I could get a furnished studio in Disco Gardens for about 5000 a month.

Anyone got any experience of that sort of thing? Is it a simple case of paying your first month's rent and moving in, or do they expect massive deposits etc that you hope will be returned when you leave?

World Trade Center Apartments on SZR offer monthly rentals but I think they are relatively expensive for a very old property.

norsk Jun 9th 2015 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 11669123)

Almost all hotels that have apartments will do this for you and no issues with deposits etc that I'm aware of. Obviously the more stars and famous brand the hotel has the higher the price...and clearly you will pay more than on a annual contract.

I stayed in a few in Barsha when I first arrived in Dubai and a friend of mine rented a couple months in Bonnington JLT, but I also know people who live long-term in Gloria Hotel for example.

Irishbeekeeper Jun 11th 2015 10:15 am

I have mine rented out in Disco on a short term lease, but it is sort of a permanent thing i.e. the tennant wants to rehire for the coming year as well.
Studio apartment, fully furnished, Dewa and Internet/Tv included.
Theres only a month's security advance needed to take an apartment there and from what I know there are quite a few vacant ones there for 5k because summers are a slow time for them so you have been quoted the right price. Although to get one you will need to go through an agent and will need to pay their fees as well, half a month's rent I think. PM if you need the number of the guy that I use, he is better than most, if thats any consolation :D