British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Any divers living in Yanbu or Jeddah? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/any-divers-living-yanbu-jeddah-869806/)

scaleyback Dec 30th 2015 9:59 am

Hello

Hi,

After a few ups and downs, I am now working down in Madinah, KSA.

One of the reasons for taking the job was the proximity to the Red Sea, so I am hoping to catch up with fellow divers, either in the Yanbu or Jeddah region.

Looking forward to a interesting year, or two.

scaleyback Dec 30th 2015 10:16 am

Any divers living in Yanbu or Jeddah?

Hi.

My company has now located me in Medinah, not a hive of activity for westerners.

I am a qualified scuba diver :sarcasm: and one of the reasons for taking this position was the proximity of the Red Sea, and I am only about a two hour drive from Yanbu.

Hoping to hook up with some other ex pat divers in the region and getting some diving in on parts of the Red Sea rarely visited or seen.

Cheers
Nige

jam25mack Dec 30th 2015 10:39 am

Re: Any divers living in Yanbu or Jeddah?

Originally Posted by scaleyback (Post 11824035)
Hi.

My company has now located me in Medinah, not a hive of activity for westerners.

I am a qualified scuba diver :sarcasm: and one of the reasons for taking this position was the proximity of the Red Sea, and I am only about a two hour drive from Yanbu.

Hoping to hook up with some other ex pat divers in the region and getting some diving in on parts of the Red Sea rarely visited or seen.

Cheers
Nige

Watch out for the great whites! ;):rofl:

Dunno about KSA but it seems the majority of the western expats in the UAE have their diving cert, well in my social circle at any rate. I wouldn't be surprised if its similar in KSA so keep on looking.

Have a gander at: Red Sea Diving in Saudi Arabia - SCUBA Travel and A Complete Travel Guide on Scuba Diving in Saudi Arabia

Tockalosh Dec 30th 2015 5:35 pm

Harrogate, ouston or Catterick mr scaleyback ?

Jerseygirl Dec 30th 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Hello

As the Welcome Inn forum is for new members to introduce themselves...I have moved your thread over to one of the ME forums.

scaleyback Dec 31st 2015 6:53 am

Catterick ;) 4 Troop, Oct 74 for my sins, then up the road to become a RTG.

:thumbup:

Tockalosh Dec 31st 2015 7:12 am

Damn that makes me the rook !! Harrogate 81C

scaleyback Dec 31st 2015 8:11 am

Always nice to bump into a FNG, I left in 86, 81? hell, in 19 Bde, but went to Ulster with D&D, 564 RLD, 82 Belize, then back to BAOR, with 7 Armd finishing in 4 Armd.

Good times :thumbup: