Reload this Page >

any chance of getting a job in UAE QATAR OR DOHA

Wikiposts

any chance of getting a job in UAE QATAR OR DOHA

Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

theadventurous1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile any chance of getting a job in UAE QATAR OR DOHA

My husband has a phd in software engineering from japan . He has 2 years experience of working in a UK based IT firm 3 to 4 years ago. Then he started his retail business in furniture and gift items and so has experience of importing too.
Now he is thinking and interested of settling in UAE or neighbouring gulf states. He has british citizen ship and is trilingual(english,japanese)
Has anybody body out there got any useful suggestions as to where he should apply for a job and how to go about it. He is currently in Abu dhabi trying to explore his options

It would be great to get some help from other expats residing in UAE. Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any chance of getting a job in UAE QATAR OR DOHA

The general concensus is that the IT field is not very lucrative in UAE.
However, there are a couple areas you may refer to in this case:

Gulf News
Strategiy.com

You can also refer to the FAQ. Best of luck!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BurpusMe

Gulf News
Strategiy.com

Thanks alot for your help. i will pass on the information to my hubby
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BurpusMe

Gulf News
Strategiy.com

Yes, I have heard that IT is not a lucrative field in UAE anymore but is it possible for him to get any job with a japananese firm considering that he has knowledge of the language and some experience of the japanese culture.

Also do you think he could bring his retail experience into any use.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an expert on the UAE IT field... I only know what I've been told.
Like anything else - you can only find out how lucky you are by trying!

Dubai Internet City is a "tech" hub for UAE.
I assume his search will include this area?
If not - he may want to consider it.
All of the global players have an office there.
When I drive through Internet City each day on my way to Media City - I see buildings with signs: Canon, Sun, Dell, Microsoft, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Best of luck to you guys.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:54 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theadventurous1
Yes, I have heard that IT is not a lucrative field in UAE anymore but is it possible for him to get any job with a japananese firm considering that he has knowledge of the language and some experience of the japanese culture.

Doha is a starting from scratch country and its the right time to open a business of any kind here. It is possible yes for expats to open business ventures here. Honestly if u play yr cards right u can make loads and loads of money cos there are still a lot of things missing.

Do some careful research and Good Luck!!
Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Malteser
Doha is a starting from scratch country and its the right time to open a business of any kind here. It is possible yes for expats to open business ventures here. Honestly if u play yr cards right u can make loads and loads of money cos there are still a lot of things missing.

Do some careful research and Good Luck!!
Thanks alot for your help. i have never been to Doha. What sort of atmosphere exists out there. I mean is it kind of modern or backward. Do you see alot of multinational companies in Do
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 5:38 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by theadventurous1

Try contacting an employment agency named Clarendon & Parker they are based at Internet City, and very much into IT. They have a websiteyou can look at for positions available.

Good luck.