Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any british family's wanting to meet up

Any british family's wanting to meet up

Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:42 am
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any british family's wanting to meet up

Hi Everyone, I am here in Doha, Qatar working is there any Brits who would like to have a meet up in Doha. Family's would be great as we don't know hardly anyone with family's.

If so please get in touch.

Thanks Si and family
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any british family's wanting to meet up

try www.qatarliving.com they arrange meet ups
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:38 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toddsim
Hi Everyone, I am here in Doha, Qatar working is there any Brits who would like to have a meet up in Doha. Family's would be great as we don't know hardly anyone with family's.

If so please get in touch.

Thanks Si and family
just exculsively brits??
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:49 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by commander
just exculsively brits??
Hi Commander, We not saying specifically Brits, and nationality is good for us.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:50 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
try www.qatarliving.com they arrange meet ups
Thanks Cat, I have tried QL a few times with no luck.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

blitster19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have been in Doha now for 2 weeks, DH has been here for 6 months. There are 2 ways of meeting up with other families. The first is Expatwoman.com which has a very good forum for Qatar and regular meet-ups (for the women). There is also Doha Expats Mums and Kids which has a member website. They organise lots of events for families. There is a regular family meet up at one of the parks. Today the British Embassy has a freshers fair. We found out tons of info there. Also now that the schools are opening in Sunday, if your children are going to one of the British schools you will meet people there.

How many kids do you have, ages, schools etc... Some of that basic info could help you finding some people to meet up with.

Cheers,
Beth
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Forgot to mention that tomorrow from 1-4pm there is a table top sale in aid of QAWS (Qatar animal welfare society) which burned down a few months back. Details are on both Expat woman and Doha expat mum and kids. There will be tons of families there, lots of good deals and a great raffle.

Beth
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:45 am
simon and clare

Originally Posted by blitster19
Forgot to mention that tomorrow from 1-4pm there is a table top sale in aid of QAWS (Qatar animal welfare society) which burned down a few months back. Details are on both Expat woman and Doha expat mum and kids. There will be tons of families there, lots of good deals and a great raffle.

Beth
Hi Blitster, Thankyou for the information you have given. we will look at those sites. BTW my wifes name is Clare, eldest son is Liam, 13 and Matt 6.

We are applying for schools as we speak. Found a a guy to home school for the moment. so thank god they are getting some schooling.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I have a 6 year old, Iain and a 2.5 year old, Arran. Iain started school this morning at Sherborne. I know that they have places available. Though I don' t think they cater for 13 year olds yet. Just years Reception -6 for this year, then Reception - 8 next academic year. I will be attending the Doha Expat Mums and kids, new arrivals coffee this Tuesday at Landmark. Let me know if she plans on going or needs a lift. I will be taking my youngest with me.

Beth