Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Another U-turn on Class 2 NICs

Another U-turn on Class 2 NICs

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another U-turn on Class 2 NICs

Thanks Edo. Have also printed off the guide in the earlier post and will review and apply.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Me 2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Edo
@Taz786 you can pay your Class 2 NI retrospectively for up to six years. However, you have to be accepted on the scheme first and like someone said it will take some time and paperwork.

Get in touch with these people and they will put you in the right direction:

Future Pension Center:
Telephone number +44 191 218 3600
Email: [email protected]

Newcastle Pension Center (International Group):
Telephone number: 44 191 218 7777
Email: [email protected]

Good luck!
The two pension centres above will renew anyone’s faith in the civil service. I was accepted on to Class 2 and back-paid six years’ worth. Ditto my wife. We’ll keep doing this for as long as they let us. There aren’t many things that approach a free lunch but this feels like a self-service buffet. Fill up.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 6:42 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Me 2.0
The two pension centres above will renew anyone’s faith in the civil service.
For the most part yes. In my case they initially got my pension forecast wrong and overcharged me for the back payments. But thankfully rectified it and issued a refund after.

Last edited by Edo; Sep 24th 2018 at 6:48 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

GolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Me 2.0

The two pension centres above will renew anyone’s faith in the civil service. I was accepted on to Class 2 and back-paid six years’ worth. Ditto my wife. We’ll keep doing this for as long as they let us. There aren’t many things that approach a free lunch but this feels like a self-service buffet. Fill up.
Was your wife working in the UK immediately before leaving and in the UAE afterwards? The guidance I read suggested that this was necessary in order to qualify for the Class 2. Or is there some way around that.

Agreed, this is a great deal. I just did six years of back payments for me and it was pretty painless.